PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Now Chung opts out

Status
Not open for further replies.

trueblue81

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Our defence is being beaten up

It’s over. If Chung opts out I can’t see the McCourty’s staying. Which guts the strength of the defense.

I don't think that we're going to have a season at this point, and if we do, it's practically going to be XFL3

MORE OPT OUT THREADS!!!!

If I'm Dugger, I'm glad he did. Now my only competition is Phillips. Will certainly start if McCourty opts out.

This could be a net-positive if it allows more playing time for Dugger and Phillips.

Love Chung, but he looked washed last season.

This could be a net-positive if it allows more playing time for Dugger and Phillips.

Love Chung, but he looked washed last season.
Sad, but I agree. Still, he was making very little money, so Chung was « worth it »...

This is the season for the opt outs. I didn’t foresee a championship run. Hope the bleeding stops soon or it’ll be very challenging to field a competent D.

Addition by subtraction. Chung is washed.

Dude's unreliable...Biggest 3rd down of the season, and he has to take a seat so Terry Brooks can allow a TD to a Harvard UDFA...And now we have to wait another year before sh!t-canning him without taking a $3.8M bath...Terrific...thanks Paddywagon...

At least we have an extra $5M to spend...

I don't think that we're going to have a season at this point, and if we do, it's practically going to be XFL3
Opt out deadline is August 3rd.

I mean if this is our list of players, that sucks but still means over 80% percent of our starters still plan on playing. We’ll see what other rosters look like as well over the next few days.

Opt out deadline is August 3rd.

I mean if this is our list of players, that sucks but still means over 80% percent of our starters still plan on playing. We’ll see what other rosters look like as well over the next few days.

Last edited:
Getting pretty close to that threshold of not being very good.

As A fan I might just opt out of watching if this gets any worse.

Chung is indispensable. No coincidence since he came back from Philly we won 3 rings. And the 8 years between Rodney and Chung w didn't win sh-t. He's a Swiss army knife who plugged our run defense but also pass defense.

Chung is indispensable. No coincidence since he came back from Philly we won 3 rings. And the 8 years between Rodney and Chung we didn't win sh-t. He's a Swiss army knife who plugged our run defense but also pass defense.
Rodney's last game was played during the 2008 season; Chung was drafted in 2009.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down