PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Now a Steeler fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

wistahpatsfan

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
...for the rest of the season.
1. I hate the fact we lost to Denver - so I can't root for them.
2. I can't stand the thought of the melo-drama surrounding Manning and the fuzzy video of Dungy with soft music and his personal (yet highly public) tragedy.
3. Steelers have a better shot than Denver @ knocking Manning out IMO.

I certainly can't root for the Colts. But I would prefer them to Denver. But Denver has a better chance to beat Pittsburgh than the Colts.

This all equals . . . S C R E W E D

Denver all the way to the Super Bowl for me.

Poor defensive and offensive play calling by Colts coaching so far.

huskeralk said:
Denver all the way to the Super Bowl for me.

This explains your earlier posts. Do you post on the Denver board too?

I'm a Steelers fan too now; I like them actually overall, they're just usually an enemy of my beloved Pats, which prevents me from rooting for them.

Last edited:
coltshater said:
This explains your earlier posts. Do you post on the Denver board too?

I'm not a Denver fan, but my wife and father in law are. Therfore I am now cheering for them. Is that simple enough for you?

BelichickFan said:
I certainly can't root for the Colts. But I would prefer them to Denver. But Denver has a better chance to beat Pittsburgh than the Colts.

This all equals . . . S C R E W E D

I feel the lesser of all three evils is Pittsburgh. So, I'd prefer to see Pittsburgh make it to the Super Bowl and then get beat. That would solve it for me.

This is easy.

We want Pittsburgh to beat the Colts, because the Colts need to lose more than anyone.

Then Denver beats Pittsburgh, because they are playing in Denver (anywhere else, Denver loses).

That sends the team that knocked out NE to the SB as ostensibly the best AFC team. But Denver also has the best shot of losing in the SB, since they are really only a decent team when they play at home. So the NFC beats them, and we all know that is BS since the NFC sucks. Which makes this whole season a travesty and a wash as far as history is concerned, since the best team wasn't in the SB.

huskeralk said:
I'm not a Denver fan, but my wife and father in law are. Therfore I am now cheering for them. Is that simple enough for you?

Thats fine. I think that it has affected your interpretation of the posts on this board. I think that we should be able to point out the fact that the outcome of the game had alot to do with the Patriots mistakes than anything that the Broncos did. I think we should be able to express ourselves here without being critiqued for doing so. I do believe we will get over it though and move on.

STFarmy said:
I'm a Steelers fan too now; I like them actually overall, they're just usually an enemy of my beloved Pats, which prevents me from rooting for them.

I agree. The Steelers play hardnosed football and don't whine about getting rules changed or re-emphasized.

...and Bettis deserves a Superbowl before he retires.

I won't root for the Broncos because I don't think they are a Superbowl quality team.

We lost, the Broncos didn't beat us, and they would have no chance against the Colts.

A vote for the Steelers is a vote for the hardnosed style that we Pats fans respect.

i find myself rooting for Pit. This is REALLY weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back