PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Not to be Of-fins-ive, but...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MainePatsFan26

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
So, with the Dolphins getting decimated against the Ravens and the Patriots destroying the Steelers, we have a classic David vs. Goliath situation next week. While the Dolphins could pull an upset if the Patriots sleep on them, I wanted to ask if anyone can think of a game in the past few seasons with this much disparity on paper.

It will be in Miami which has been a house of horrors for the Patriots, so that could also play a factor. However, from purely talent and play-level standpoints, is there a single game in recent memory where you have the best and worst teams playing?

2013 Broncos vs the Jags

Normally, Miami is trouble for us down there.

This year, I don’t see having any other matchup different than “Bug vs Windshield” let alone “David vs Goliath.” They looked putrid today.

Someone is reporting that dolphins players are Calling their agents to demand a trade out of there. That is goddell ugly!!!!’

I feel for Flores! Tanking for tua sounds great, but enduring 15 more games like today’s is going to be brutal and depressing for players and fans alike.

Dolphins fans brought out the paper bags today

perfect storm for a blowout loss

It's in Miami during the end of summer (not good)
It's against a dumpster fire team(Double up on the trap)
It's against a former patriots coach in their first meeting since leaving the team(always an L)

Maybe this time'll be different, but look back Lost to mangini, mcdaniels, Vrable, Patricia. Heck the only coach that didn't win was BoB

It's against a former patriots coach in their first meeting since leaving the team(always an L)

Maybe this time'll be different, but look back Lost to mangini, mcdaniels, Vrable, Patricia. Heck the only coach that didn't win was BoB
Maybe Bill shows them Star Wars and Return of the Jedi. If we're the Empire just having destroyed a planet and cut off a jedi hand, then the Dolphins are the Ewoks playing drums on our helmets when we didn't take them seriously.

Hopefully this team can overcome this blowout win over the Steelers and be prepared.

Cautiously optimistic that we blow them out, but divisional game and we seem to suck at Miami lately.

Tough test. They have nothing to lose.

The Patriots are going to take a steaming dump on them. The Dolphins are horrible and the Patriots D game would still net us a win.

So, with the Dolphins getting decimated against the Ravens and the Patriots destroying the Steelers, we have a classic David vs. Goliath situation next week. While the Dolphins could pull an upset if the Patriots sleep on them, I wanted to ask if anyone can think of a game in the past few seasons with this much disparity on paper.

It will be in Miami which has been a house of horrors for the Patriots, so that could also play a factor. However, from purely talent and play-level standpoints, is there a single game in recent memory where you have the best and worst teams playing?

Just based on perception the Cardinals game at home in 2012 and the Eagles game in 2015 come to mind. In both games we must have been double digit favourites.

I will say that it has been really hot in the south. It is predicted to drop a bit but I could see it still being very warm.

Flores’ pregame speech will be to promise he’ll give them a good job reference to Bill if they play well today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes