PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

No Alcohol Sales for Jets-Pats MNF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdgp

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Saw an article on the ESPN NFL website but when I clicked the link the file was not found. Has anyone heard anthing about this?

Associated Press

HACKENSACK, N.J. -- Fears of rowdy fans during the holiday season have led officials to ban alcohol sales at next Monday night's game between the New York Jets and the New England Patriots at Giants Stadium.

Jets spokesman Ron Colangelo said the ban was put in place to protect fans.

"It's for the safety of our fans, so that they can have a comfortable environment at a time when the holiday season can get very festive," Colangelo told The Record of Bergen County for Tuesday's newspapers.

The ban comes after a sometimes violent Nov. 27 Jets-Saints game in which police made nine arrests. In one altercation during the second half, two fans were stabbed outside a men's room. In another incident, a state trooper broke his leg while trying to eject a fan who reportedly threw a beer bottle.

Earlier this year, New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority president George Zoffinger pledged to deal with the problem of drunk fans.

At the beginning of the year, a jury found the stadium beer vendor, Aramark, and a New York Giants fan liable for $135 million in damages in a case involving a 7-year-old girl who was paralyzed when the fan hit her family's car after leaving a game.

The fan had purchased six beers at halftime even though he'd already drunk so much he was slurring his words.

NEM said:
Personally, I am against any kind of alcohol sales at any sports event. I have always said, "Why the hell do people need to drink beer, etc. in order to have a good time at a game? It's ridiculous and no alcohol should be sold or allowed in. Of course, the money they make from it is more important to them than the safety, and comfort, of the fans."

Just my opinion.
I agree with you on this, then again I never really understand why people need a drug to make them feel good.

Jets fans will take matters in their own hands. They will get extra drunk before they show up the game. How can they possibly watch a game sober.

NEM said:
Personally, I am against any kind of alcohol sales at any sports event. I have always said, "Why the hell do people need to drink beer, etc. in order to have a good time at a game? It's ridiculous and no alcohol should be sold or allowed in. Of course, the money they make from it is more important to them than the safety, and comfort, of the fans."

Just my opinion.

agree 100%. If they want to get drunk- stay at home. That was the one of the things that turned me off in the late 80's. I gave up my seats because I didn't want to drive 6 hours round trip to get into fights with drunks.

I regret that doing that now.

Hey, I understrand why they're doing it given the time of year, but it doesn't mean I like it. I'm going to be at that game and do enjoy a few brewskis while cheering for Bruschi. It won't kill me not to drink, of course, and it'll still be just as goot a time (and it will be nice not having beer bottles thrown at the Flying Elvis logo on my back) but to those of you who can't understand why other like the effects of alchohol or drugs; just accept that's the way it is - to each his own.

NEM said:

Just my opinion.

Im against alcohol drinking prior to posting on message boards

Last edited:
PatsWorldChamps said:

What about during posting?

There are ususally several threads a day that would cause people to get drunk.

If I were a NJ Jest fan, I'd want to be drunk all of the time, too.

Bottom line is that they'll just drink more pre-game. Think of all the money they'll save!

I enjoy having a few during the game so I've got no problem with it. It's just that some folks don't know how to limit or control themselves and have to ruin it for everyone else. Jersey fans are generally a-holes to begin with. Add alcohol to the mix and it just gets ugly.

PatsWorldChamps said:
Yeah, but if it wasn't for a few beers last night, I probably wouldn't have volunteered to whip up this uber-cool Bruschi wallpaper that I'm working on right now (instead of working). :D

Last edited:
I think the ban is in place to protect Joe Namath from looking like a fool again! :D

Pats Fanatic said:
I agree with you on this, then again I never really understand why people need a drug to make them feel good.

there Jets fans :D what else do they have do enjoy themselves becuse there team sucks :rolleyes:

pats1 said:
I think the ban is in place to protect Joe Namath from looking like a fool again! :D
That's a classic!

"Come here, I wanna kiss you."

CTPatsFan said:
That's a classic!

"Come here, I wanna kiss you."

i second that except the kissing part :eek:

Hey Pujo - I'll be at the game too. The only live Pats game of the season for me (since I'm in SoCal). Will you be tailgating? I've got a few Pats fans from Pats Planet that I'm organizing with but we're looking for more.

I'll have a Bruschi on and a brewski in hand before the game.

I am a social drinker but don't really see why people would want to spend so much to go to a game and then drink so they might not remember it. I only say this because I have seen people so drunk at games that I highly doubt they remembered anything the next day. What's the point?

KDPpatsfan said:
I am a social drinker but don't really see why people would want to spend so much to go to a game and then drink so they might not remember it. I only say this because I have seen people so drunk at games that I highly doubt they remembered anything the next day. What's the point?

i would probably have 1 each half maybe at most but i cant becuse im to young and live in england :mad:

Hmmm.... Final MNF on network TV + Holiday Season + Pats and Jets + Memories of long ago MNF at Foxboro + Alcohol = Very Nervous Network...

:D

T-ShirtDynasty said:
Yeah, but if it wasn't for a few beers last night, I probably wouldn't have volunteered to whip up this uber-cool Bruschi wallpaper that I'm working on right now (instead of working). :D

that is so now my wallpaper
:rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes