PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

N'Keal Harry (lack of) Progress Report

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is who he is. Repeating it 1000 times won't change a thing.

Harry is a YAC guy (where he has to and likely will improve) and can't gain seperation. These things won't be any different 2 years from now.

He got overdrafted because Belichick can't evaluate wide receivers but it still doesn't make him a bad player. He is just simply not the solution to the wide receiver issue, he can be a part of it though.

Serious question:

Harry's an undersized tight end trying to play outside WR. What are the strengths in that scenario, as you see them, and how do they fit this particular team better than a real WR at the position?

I've never really gotten a serious answer to this. Anyone?

I believe Harry will be fine. Look how long it took Davonte Parker to make his mark as a top WR. Sometime you just have to be patient, he gains confidence, repetition, heck he didn't get a normal off season. He has the ability.

I believe Harry will be fine. Look how long it took Davonte Parker to make his mark as a top WR. Sometime you just have to be patient, he gains confidence, repetition, heck he didn't get a normal off season. He has the ability.

Devante Parker’s problem was health. He was always contributing to those Miami teams when healthy.

You can do that stupid **** with anyone.

Cam is an undersized TE trying to play QB. How does that work for this team?!

Hightower is an undersized DE trying to play LB. How does that work for this team?!

Gilmore is an undersized Safety trying to play CB. How does that work for this team?!

WHY WILL NOBODY ARGUE WITH ME ABOUT MY SCENARIO THAT ASSUMES MY ARBITRARY CLASSIFICATION IS CORRECT?!

We’ve tried that every week. At some point you need your 1st round WR to be able to run good routes and make plays.

If Harry was a late round pick he wouldn’t be receiving all the scrutiny he does. I was listening to Zolak a while back when everyone was talking about how well Harry did in the off-season, losing weight and looking good in his social media posts. Zolak said at the practices he saw Harry still looked flat footed, still was rounding off his routes, and still wasn’t getting separation. He also said the team was getting frustrated as Harry was always excusing himself in practice for some sort of ailment. He was always heading to the sideline to the trainers.

There is nothing that Harry has shown in his time here to think he’ll turn out to be a special player worthy of that 1st round pick. Hope I’m wrong.

After 2 games, Harry was 27th in the league with a 3.7 yards of separation on average.

You must think that it's a cake walk to make catches going across the middle of the field, get hammered and keep the ball.

Have you watched Edelman at all during his career? Edelman does his best to go down before getting hit. Yeah, he'll take the big ones, but he still goes down more often than not..

I'd LOVE to see the link to your Zolak quotes.. Because everything you mentioned isn't what I heard about Harry at Camp.

Maybe you didn't get an answer because it's not a legitimate question. Harry isn't a "undersized TE trying to play outside".

I can only hope that people like @BaconGrundleCandy and @reamer and other people who get into the draft come in here and educate people unless they have just given up trying to do so because it's the same BS over and over again without actually looking at reality.

Serious question:

Harry's an undersized tight end trying to play outside WR. What are the strengths in that scenario, as you see them, and how do they fit this particular team better than a real WR at the position?

Maybe you didn't get an answer because it's not a legitimate question. Harry isn't a "undersized TE trying to play outside".

I can only hope that people like @BaconGrundleCandy and @reamer and other people who get into the draft come in here and educate people unless they have just given up trying to do so because it's the same BS over and over again without actually looking at reality.
Deux is just being Deux. He's been dragging out his "season finale" forever and essentially is an old RJJ/Mayweather. Just taking pot-shots where he can but no legs. No power. Not the fighter he once was ;)

Fnordy summed it up tbh ...
WHY WILL NOBODY ARGUE WITH ME ABOUT MY SCENARIO THAT ASSUMES MY ARBITRARY CLASSIFICATION IS CORRECT?!

Harry hasn't met my expectations but I'm still more than hopeful he becomes a player. It's possible he's a good player who's value isn't first round worthy but still impactful. I mean he's played 10 games. Coming to any conclusions after half a seasons worth of games isn't it. It's great to know right away but there are a lot of players that need a full year, even two before putting it together.

Regarding the type of player he is ... Undersized TE etc As long as he's producing who cares? That's literally all that matters.

Is Travis Kelce a oversized WR that can block good enough? 49ers gave Deebo manufactured touches and didn't use him deep at all. What about James White who's biggest impact comes from the rec game?

Again we need to give him more than 10 games. Also it's important to remember a WR separation has a lot to do with the offense they're in. Style of play. It's not simply all on them.

Deux is just being Deux. He's been dragging out his "season finale" forever and essentially is an old RJJ/Mayweather. Just taking pot-shots where he can but no legs. No power. Not the fighter he once was ;)

Fnordy summed it up tbh ...

Yeah, that's not it at all. I mean, it's not even in the same country as "it".

Harry hasn't met my expectations but I'm still more than hopeful he becomes a player. It's possible he's a good player who's value isn't first round worthy but still impactful. I mean he's played 10 games. Coming to any conclusions after half a seasons worth of games isn't it. It's great to know right away but there are a lot of players that need a full year, even two before putting it together.

Regarding the type of player he is ... Undersized TE etc As long as he's producing who cares? That's literally all that matters.

Is Travis Kelce a oversized WR that can block good enough? 49ers gave Deebo manufactured touches and didn't use him deep at all. What about James White who's biggest impact comes from the rec game?

Again we need to give him more than 10 games. Also it's important to remember a WR separation has a lot to do with the offense they're in. Style of play. It's not simply all on them.

My question is a serious one. I notice that chose to insult me rather than answering it.

Whatever you might think Harry's going to become, be it a HOF level WR, or a complete bust, or something in between, right now he plays like an undersized TE. So, the question is: what are the strengths in that scenario, as you see them, and how do they fit this particular team better than a real WR at the position?

Let me start you off with one possible piece of an answer.

One strength might be, say, blocking at a level above and beyond what you would normally expect of a WR. If you consider that a strength of Harry, you might say that's a real plus on an offense where the game plan is going to involve a lot of running.

Now, perhaps rather than tossing out lame-ass pot shots, you could address the actual question.

My question is a serious one. I notice that chose to insult me rather than answering it.

Whatever you might think Harry's going to become, be it a HOF level WR, or a complete bust, or something in between, right now he plays like an undersized TE. So, the question is: what are the strengths in that scenario, as you see them, and how do they fit this particular team better than a real WR at the position?

One strength might be, say, blocking at a level above and beyond what you would normally expect of a WR. If you consider that a strength of Harry, you might say that's a real plus on an offense where the game plan is going to involve a lot of running.

Now, perhaps rather than tossing out lame-ass pot shots, you could address the actual question.
Deuz it was a joke, no one insulted you ... Dramatic much. Honestly this is why you've been boring for years now. Again just dragging out your finale.

Anyway if it has to be explained to you after watching football for however long you've been watching. You probably can't comprehend the answer. The answer is more than obvious though.

There's no room in the league for physical, possession WRs who can block? You really need a 10 point presentation as to how a WR like him might succeed.

Again it's been 10 games. You have to give him a full year let's stop with the nonsense.

In Seattle he had the volume but not a good ypc...On Sunday he didn't have volume but did have a good ypc...

Beginning late Sunday afternoon, the rubber starts to hit the road for this team & a few of its players...

Considering you're a lame ass, the pot shots fit. Your question isn't a serious one. It's garbage..

He seems to be doing OK with the new QB. How about we wait a couple games to judge his development.

He seems to be doing OK with the new QB. How about we wait a couple games to judge his development.

Great idea.. But the haters can't do that. They have to whine and lambaste Harry for not living up to some mythical standard of his being a 1st Round WR. They think that his being taken at #32 in the first round is the same as being taken at #2 Like Calvin Johnson.

Can you imagine the whining that would be going on here if the Pats had taken Metcalf and he stunk it up because Brady froze him out instead of mentoring him the way Wilson did???

TB12 stunted this kid's growth. Let's see what he can do with a TEAM player under center.

LMAO at Captain Stoned. This team is better with Cam. Coach did a lot with a barely drafted QB. As Bill used this tool to advance the team, the sixth round draft pick thought he was the team. In the end, that attitude ruined the team. Now he is gone and we get to see what a guy who has been dismissed by the league can do with the best coach ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes