PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

N'Keal Harry (lack of) Progress Report

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's great that he's so chipper and all, but even now he's no better than mediocre. People who when they make VERY modest gains get all giddy rarely progress past that giddiness. They settle for what once upon a time made them feel good about themselves. Do you recall Edelmann ever getting all chirpy over his progress over the years? Harry'll be cut or included as a whatever throw-in in a trade by December, and that's a good thing.

Last edited:
It's great that he's so chipper and all, but even now he's no better than mediocre. People who when they make VERY modest gains get all giddy rarely progress past that giddiness. They settle for what once upon a time made them feel good about themselves. Do you recall Edelmann ever getting all chirpy over his progress over the years? Harry'll be cut or included as a whatever throw-in in a trade by December, and that's a good thing.

Imagine believing this.

Hmm, you can tell all that after he plays his ninth game...amazing.

Imagine being such a bitter guy that after an 8 catch performance you post this crap.

Did Harry steal your girl or something?

It’s pretty obvious Harry can not beat press man coverage,

but there are other ways to get him the ball and we need to explore that as part of our offense.

Boo this man

It's excellent watching Harry reach his true potential. 2 catches on 4 targets. 35 yards a game translates to about 500 yards a year. Excellent to see him grow into the player that he is.

No Kidding, terrible.....

And did you see Edelman 2 catches on 6 targets for 23 yards, idk why we keep these stiffs around, they are trash.....:rolleyes:

On a serious note it was a run heavy game plan, give the guy a break!

It’s still early for Harry. But we certainly need a war who can beat press coverage

How did this guy get drafted in the first round! Wide Receivers drafted in the first round need to have explosive fast twitch muscle, which Harry has none of!

I think hes progressing in the right direction for sure. I see his release still way too slow, most of his catches come on hooks, outs, which is expected of a guy his size. His catch last week through contact was nothing short of awesome tho.

If he can rack up one very good performance (and if he doesnt get a hurt, he just might), ill join the bandwagon

Last edited:
put a great block for first Td. As did onwenu. onwards.

It's excellent watching Harry reach his true potential. 2 catches on 4 targets. 35 yards a game translates to about 500 yards a year. Excellent to see him grow into the player that he is.

Always refreshing to see someone try to mine a solid win for something negative they can bring up to try to prove themselves right about an internet argument.

Always refreshing to see someone try to mine a solid win for something negative they can bring up to try to prove themselves right about an internet argument.
When you have lost in your life an internet win can feel like an Olympic gold

Gotta love how you ignore that the other two "targets" were a bad pass behind Harry in the EZ and a pass that was batted down at the line.

BTW, Harry has 15 receptions for 270 145 yards after 3 games. Multiply by 5.33 (16/3) = 80 receptions for 1440 yards 773 .. NOT 500 yards..

If you did more than just watch the Box Score, you'd know that Harry threw number key blocks during the game that helped our Run Game put up 250 yards and 3 TDs today.

EDIT: Correction. I misread Pro-football-reference and grabbed Edelman's yards while adding the 34 from today.. It's corrected now.

Last edited:
Gotta love how you ignore that the other two "targets" were a bad pass behind Harry in the EZ and a pass that was batted down at the line.

BTW, Harry has 15 receptions for 270 yards after 3 games. Multiply by 5.33 (16/3) = 80 receptions for 1440 yards.. NOT 500 yards..

If you did more than just watch the Box Score, you'd know that Harry threw number key blocks during the game that helped our Run Game put up 250 yards and 3 TDs today.
Where do you see 270 yards?

I am a Harry supporter. When I see a player improving I support them. Harry is getting better. I think he is still thinking too much so he is not naturally positioned when the ball arrives. He is so talented he still catches the ball. But once he learns the route tree I believe he will play more naturally (less thinking) and catch the ball in a position to explode such that his YAC go up.

Cam seems like a great mentor for Harry, and probably Jakobi and Gunner too. I like Cam for everything he is, but I respect him more for his team attitude with the young WRs.

Harry will keep getting better this year if his shoulder holds out, but we will have to wait until 2021 to see the beast Harry will become.

Patience PatsFans Patience :)

I’m a hairy supporter. Just saying...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes