PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Nick O'leary

Status
Not open for further replies.

BB4PRez

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Cut by Dolphins yesterday. Team certainly is lacking at tight end. Would be nice to see both Watson and Matt "I" LaCosse available, but not holding my breath. Assuming O'Leary is subject to and clears waivers later today would the Pats see him as a roster upgrade? Edited to add - I could see him replacing Izzo

BewitchedSpectacularIceblueredtopzebra-small.gif

Not familiar with the player, but my first question would be, if the Dolphins are cutting him, he must be really bad, or there must be some issues with him.

Not much different from what we have.

Kid was phenomenal at Florida State. Watched him in quite a few of their games on TV and once when we went down to see a game while we were visiting my daughter while she was in college there. Haven't followed him since, but definitely a tough kid with decent hands.

Cut by Dolphins yesterday. Team certainly is lacking at tight end. Would be nice to see both Watson and Matt "I" LaCosse available, but not holding my breath. Assuming O'Leary is subject to and clears waivers later today would the Pats see him as a roster upgrade? Edited to add - I could see him replacing Izzo
We can't help you Nick.
Contact Nick Caserio for a tryout.

O'Leary was cut after a pass bounced off his chest for a key turnover in the Texans game. It was not his first oops. That said, I would be interested in seeing him on our PS, if he has eligibility. He has experience at both TE and FB.

Kid was phenomenal at Florida State. Watched him in quite a few of their games on TV and once when we went down to see a game while we were visiting my daughter while she was in college there. Haven't followed him since, but definitely a tough kid with decent hands.
Yeah but did you hear that he’s Jack Nicklaus’ nephew? And please don’t tell me you’re a FSU fan now. I don’t feel like vomiting at work.

He's not subject to waivers. Anyone released the rest of the season is,, even if a veteran.

Not familiar with the player, but my first question would be, if the Dolphins are cutting him, he must be really bad, or there must be some issues with him.
Not like the Dolphins have shown a great judge of talent over the years lol.

Absolutely not.

Yeah but did you hear that he’s Jack Nicklaus’ nephew? And please don’t tell me you’re a FSU fan now. I don’t feel like vomiting at work.
No - I was really only an FSU fan while she was there. But even then, I hated Winston and thought he was awful and couldn't believe where he was drafted, nor could I stomach listening to the analysts who talked him up. They won a lot of games with him, but I think it was more in spite of him than anything else considering how many times the defense bailed him out after a turnover.

But it was fun. I got into watching college football and still watch all the Florida teams, whether it's the Gators, FSU, UCF, etc. Otherwise I'll watch Boston College, UMass, UConn, etc. Whatever happens to be on during those rare times I don't have to work a Saturday :cool:

If I remember correctly he was a good pass catcher in college, but not very athletic. Was also a decent blocker.

Can't recall ever really noticing him for the Bills or Dolphins though?

Reactions: Ian
Popular opinion - Fins cut him. He must be bad

Unpopular opinion - Fins are tanking. He must be baby gronk.

Popular opinion - Fins cut him. He must be bad

Unpopular opinion - Fins are tanking. He must be baby gronk.
He's no where near Gronk's level. Just a tough, hard-nosed kid. He's not flashy, but was relatively reliable and a pretty good blocker. I remember him playing well in one game against the Patriots in Buffalo, but haven't seen much from him after that.

We are at 52 men now and I don't think we NEED to activate Harry this week...so...bring him in and see what he can do....(shrugs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes