PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Weekly NFL Picks Contest NFL Weekly Picks - Week 2 (Completed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ian, if we just pick for tonight, we still have ability to pick rest of games by Sunday correct? Or do we have to pick all games before tonight and then have ability to change them? I guess my question is there a drop dead time to pick all games?
Yes, picks are open all the way up until just before the scheduled kickoff time. So if Sunday morning you find out a starting QB isn't going to play at 11am and the game is at 1pm, you're able to change it.

But don't forget to come back and do them. Had a bunch of people that happened to last week. :eek:

Yes, picks are open all the way up until just before the scheduled kickoff time. So if Sunday morning you find out a starting QB isn't going to play at 11am and the game is at 1pm, you're able to change it.

But don't forget to come back and do them. Had a bunch of people that happened to last week. :eek:
I'm sorry, I wasn't clear: do we have to make all 16 picks before tonights game or can we just pick tonights game and then the rest later?

I'm sorry, I wasn't clear: do we have to make all 16 picks before tonights game or can we just pick tonights game and then the rest later?
No worries, each game is only restricted by its respective start time. For example, you can pick Sunday's 4pm games even if the 1pm games are underway, up until just before the scheduled kickoff time for each game, etc. So it's restricted to just before that game's start time.

Again - if you don't pick all the games right away, that's fine. Just make sure you don't forget :D

Also, I came up with some good prizes last night. Not going to tell you what they are to make it fun, but I think you guys are going to really like them. Grand prize is going to be really cool as well :)

I wonder if @BlueThunder picked the Buccaneers last night, I know I didn't.
Early season games are always tough to pick.

I wonder if @BlueThunder picked the Buccaneers last night, I know I didn't.
Early season games are always tough to pick.
I agree, I had Carolina as well. I had zero faith in Winston and figured they'd have a hard time since the Panthers are normally relatively tough at home. Oh well, 0-1 to kickoff this week, hopefully Sunday turns out a little better. I'll update the results tonight.

Well I started 0-1 this week, picked Carolina !

Reactions: Ian
I missed this when I looked for it on Wed., might be better if you put it into the "sticky" section so it does not get lost or overlooked..

LOL...Nope I'm Human.....I had Carolina also.......Newton is just a fashion show now.....

I missed this when I looked for it on Wed., might be better if you put it into the "sticky" section so it does not get lost or overlooked..
I sent out a mass Alert too as I figured that was a little less invasive than another mass PM, but definitely get the remainder of your picks in for this week. I'm going to be doing something to fill in missing games at the end of the year for people who miss a few games to keep people in the mix.

It's a struggle so far. :rolleyes:

Well I'm already 10 and 6, stupid Cam Newton giving up on life...

Just realized today that there was a game Thursday night & I forgot to pick. Senior moment.

:mad: i picked Car...

Who didn't pick Carolina, Winston hadn't won a road game since Brady was in his 30s.

The funny thing is, I have a system that I've been using for years but decided to abandon that system for this pool. Had I stuck to that system I would have been 15-1 instead of 11-5.

Quick note - I'll be updating the records later tonight, including the Thursday night game. The results from the Sunday night game will be updated in the morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots