PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Week 8 Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mike Tirico with a subtle shot at the Colts

".....they were AFC Finalists last year, they have a banner to prove it..."

Not possible for me to root for the Colts.. Go Panthers! Hopefully both teams stay healthy, yesterday was brutal for injuries.

The rookie out of Dallas, played Gronk really well . So it is possible mix and match coverage on gronk and limit him.

Yeah, I really thought that Byron Jones was going to be our pick, particularly after moving on from Revis and Browner.

@manxman2601 was super high on him, and everything that I saw has led me to believe that DAL received a very good pick so far.

The rookie out of Dallas, played Gronk really well . So it is possible mix and match coverage on gronk and limit him.

For the record, I have absolutely no idea as to how effective Talib's coverage would be on Gronk, but I certainly see nothing wrong (or "silly" to quote a poster) about discussing the possible matchup.

DEN is obviously going to use him to try and take out a major player, and they sure as hell aren't going to put him on Edelman, so it seems like a distinct possibility.

For the record, I have absolutely no idea as to how effective Talib's coverage would be on Gronk, but I certainly see nothing wrong (or "silly" to quote a poster) about discussing the possible matchup.

DEN is obviously going to use him to try and take out a major player, and they sure as hell aren't going to put him on Edelman, so it seems like a distinct possibility.

I would be stunned if Denver had Talib shadow Gronkowski the whole game.

I would be stunned if Denver had Talib shadow Gronkowski the whole game.

Were you stunned when he covered Hall of fame TE Tony Gonzalez the entire game, or TE Jimmy Graham in his prime? Again...this isn't exactly an idea I can take credit for, since there's been a ton of discussion on the topic already, including Simms/Nantz on Thursday night in the Dolphins game.

Obviously, I have no idea how DEN will attempt to play the matchup, but I'd be very surprised if they used him on Edelman--unless it's in bracketed coverage, which kind of takes away the purpose of having your best CB (or 1a/1b--depending on your opinion of Harris) in one-on-one coverage.

I suppose they could put him on LaFell, but that defeats the purpose of attacking the Pats' best two weapons/options in Gronk and Edelman.

Gronkowski vs. Talib matchup crucial to Patriots' success against Broncos

How the Broncos Can Shut Down Gronk in Week 9 Showdown

Patriots' Rob Gronkowski looms large for Denver Broncos defense

Mail: How will the Broncos cover Rob Gronkowski?

Were you stunned when he covered Hall of fame TE Tony Gonzalez the entire game, or TE Jimmy Graham in his prime? Again...this isn't exactly an idea I can take credit for, since there's been a ton of discussion on the topic already, including Simms/Nantz on Thursday night in the Dolphins game.

Gronkowski vs. Talib matchup crucial to Patriots' success against Broncos

How the Broncos Can Shut Down Gronk in Week 9 Showdown

Patriots' Rob Gronkowski looms large for Denver Broncos defense

Mail: How will the Broncos cover Rob Gronkowski?

I would be stunned if he shadowed him the whole game on an island, yes. Gronk will light that matchup up. He's not soft like glorified WRs like Gonzalez, like Jimmy Graham. He's big and physical, and will out-muscle Talib - which is what Talib's advantage is against bigger receivers normally.

I think it will be Ward with Trevathan helping when he's not blitzing. Will Talib end up on him sometimes? Probably, but it won't be their predominant coverage scheme.

I would be stunned if he shadowed him the whole game on an island, yes. Gronk will light that matchup up. He's not soft like glorified WRs like Gonzalez, like Jimmy Graham. He's big and physical, and will out-muscle Talib - which is what Talib's advantage is against bigger receivers normally.

I think it will be Ward with Trevathan helping when he's not blitzing. Will Talib end up on him sometimes? Probably, but it won't be their predominant coverage scheme.

I wouldn't be surprised if that's how they approach it, considering that it didn't seem to work out too well last year when they deployed that coverage--although I don't know if Talib was necessarily on him "exclusively."

Yeah, I really thought that Byron Jones was going to be our pick, particularly after moving on from Revis and Browner.

@manxman2601 was super high on him, and everything that I saw has led me to believe that DAL received a very good pick so far.

I'm slowly getting over the loss.

guess you'll have to just take some small consolation in the fact that our Pats are 7-0....:(

Yeah, right. I am quite sure there is no member of this forum even in Hardy's league in that regard. You're being absurd.
No. I'm not being absurd. You're being friggin ignorant.

No. I'm not being absurd. You're being friggin ignorant.

OK, if you say so. I'm convinced. Meanwhile I will refuse to feel the slightest bit upset if Greg Hardy suffers a game ending or career ending injury. He richly deserves them. You're welcome to feel otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back