PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Week 2 Games

Eh. How did we start last year ?

Give it until W6-W8. Some teams will improve, others will get figured out (cough, Baltimore, cough).
Usually, I would agree. However, 3 of those teams have “potentially long term” (or at least lingering) injuries at QB.

Big Ben: Shoulder
Cam: Shoulder, Foot
Jags: Broken Clavicle

Last edited:
Denver really got screwed, they called a roughing call in Chubb. He was tackling Trubisky as he was throwing the ball.

Absolute screw job.

Denver really got screwed, they called a roughing call in Chubb. He was tackling Trubisky as he was throwing the ball.

Absolute screw job.

Bears had a similar bad call go against them earlier in the game.

Ah, well they originally were going for it at the 5 before the false start.

What? The broncos were kicking for the tie and the bears went offside so the broncos decided to go for it

Bears had a similar bad call go against them earlier in the game.
Refs not on point so far. Have to add my voice to those who would prefer scrapping the “penalty review”. There is no perfect system, but negatives outweigh imo.

What? The broncos were kicking for the tie and the bears went offside so the broncos decided to go for it
They were kicking because they got a false start when they lined up to go for it at the 2.

Incredibly stupid to go for 2 to win a game that had been controlled by the defenses. I know it's trendy and sometimes works like it technically did today (their defense/the refs blew it, not their offense), but I think it only makes sense if your offense is imposing their will on the defense. It doesn't make sense if you struggled for 60 minutes to score the one touchdown you just got.

Is the KC offense better this year with Hardman and McCoy?

Mahomes makes any serviceable/underachieving receiver like Watkins and now Demarcus Robinson better.

Not to mention their main weapons of course. Love our defense though and all those CBs we have? Gona need them vs KC.

Games have been meh.

Is the KC offense better this year with Hardman and McCoy?

Mahomes makes any serviceable/underachieving receiver like Watkins and now Demarcus Robinson better.

Not to mention their main weapons of course. Love our defense though and all those CBs we have? Gona need them vs KC.
KC ain't ****

Not out of the question we might get an LII rematch.
With a much better defense...

They need to change the rules for how penalties are enforced on PATs:
  • DEN scores TD to make it 13-12.
  • Ball spotted on 2 for the 2pt attempt.
  • Delay of game
  • DEN given the choice of 2pt from the 2+5=7 or 1pt from the 15+5=20
  • DEN chooses 1pt
  • CHI goes offsides on missed 1pt attempt
  • DEN given choice of 1pt from the 20-5=15 or 2pt from the 2-1 (half the distance) = 1
  • DEN makes 2pter to go up 14-13
That's right -- by switching what they want to attempt the penalty is enforced from the original original spot of the 2pt attempt.

WTF?!?

I know the refs did it correctly -- the rule is just incredibly stupid.

So I'm glad DEN got screwed by that bogus RTP. It balances out getting the benefit of that idiotic rule.

I think PHI will be our toughest game of the season.

As the Eagles at Falcons game starts I'm having trouble deciding who I want to win.
I realize I have reasons for and against the Eagles winning but absolutely could care less one way or the other about the Falcons.
I hate the Cowboys so it should be a natural to root for their NFC East competition.
However I respect the Eagles and don't want to them to have an easy path to the playoffs.
Plus I think Eagles were wrong to extend Wentz so soon and want him to fail to justify my opinion.

Falcons playing with a ton of energy.

They know how important this game is.

Anyone see that ST play? Punt coverage chasing a bouncing ball to goal line, jump and throw out of bounds instead of straight back at teammates. Nobody can screw up the catch. Smart? I thought so...

How stupid is Jax for not kicking the XP with 30 seconds left to tie it and going for 2 point instead?

Dude...I still can't believe that ****.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back