PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL to propose to improve a team's draft position if it hires a person of color as HC or GM

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

DO you like this idea

• Yes

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • No

Votes: 146 89.6%
  • Maybe, not sure

Votes: 8 4.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you saying that you're post-fact or anti-fact?

Or maybe these days subjectivity gets peddled as facticity and we shouldn't claim our opinions constitute anything but our opinions.
I’m saying facts are facts and opinions are not right or wrong but an opinion that is a conclusion based upon incorrect facts is wrong.
Example:
Belichick has won the most SBs is a fact. It’s either right or wrong.
Belichick is the GOAT is an opinion. You can agree or disagree but it’s not right or wrong.
Belichick isn’t the GOAT because he hasn’t won the most SBs is an opinion based upon incorrect facts.

Last edited:
I don't believe IllegalContact had such nuanced and enlightened positions back in the old political forum. A lot has changed since then.

It would be great to dig up that forum......my opinion on this topic has not changed.... in fact, I don't think I've changed on any topic.......though doing so isn't necessarily a bad thing....I bailed on the GOP when the tea party/freedom caucus showed up

HOO Rah!! :D

I got sober 30 years ago cupcake
Why do you use insults so often? Day after day you insult members on this board as if it’s acceptable

I guess I’m a more respectful person than you

You joined this board because you’re a football fan...end of story

You are not qualified to give others advice on how to live.........move along

That's a good question actually. You should look into it instead of using it as some kind of reason of proof.

the idiots in the middle are discriminated against by the coastal elites

Why do you use insults so often? Day after day you insult members on this board as if it’s acceptable

Yes it's a football forum and I've never seen 1 post of yours that's actual worthwhile pertaining the sport. Same for Ring6 & IA. Nothing breaking down the game, sport or players. Clueless when it comes to football but geniuses on life advice.

How do you guys spend so much time on a forum and know so little about the game after all this time?

Yes it's a football forum and I've never seen 1 post of yours that's actual worthwhile pertaining the sport. Same for Ring6 & IA. Nothing breaking down the game, sport or players. Clueless when it comes to football but geniuses on life advice.

How do you guys spend so much time on a forum and know so little about the game after all this time?
I post plenty of football analysis. Perhaps you are too busy writing posts bragging a pout yourself and how much of genius you think you are to have read them.

I believe the answer to his point is “parenting” explains the difference in achievement

Even within poorer families, those with good parents outperform their peers

This is a good point. That is why it is important to continue to treat drug addiction and possession of marijuanan in this countryt differently than we had been doing. The legalizing/decriminalization of weed will reduce the number of non-violent minorities in the prison system. More thinking of this nature needs to be addressed to level the playing field, I don't remember the %, but I am 100% certain that the percentage of AA in prison is way higher than the population in this country. That needs to change through systematic change and thoughtful programs.

Last edited:

(Raises hand)...That's me, guilty as charged...sorry.
I enjoy reading your input (and others) about football, but trust me, you wouldn't want my breakdown on anything regarding the technical side of the game. I enjoy the game as an escape from the world and am passionate about "my" Pats, but I don't have the time, nor interest to take it to the next level. So, I guess my point is, I come here for the camaraderie and, like with my friends, sometimes we talk politics in between talking about other stuff.

I don’t believe there are levels of fandom, do you? I’ve been a lifelong avid Patriots fan since the mid 60’s my friend. How long have you been a fan?

I also played the game

Why would I need to “break down the game”?
Why did you respond to my reply to IC?
Since you disagreed with my comment that insults = ignorance, can you explain your rationale on that?

Last edited:
(Raises hand)...That's me, guilty as charged...sorry.
I enjoy reading your input (and others) about football, but trust me, you wouldn't want my breakdown on anything regarding the technical side of the game. I enjoy the game as an escape from the world and am passionate about "my" Pats, but I don't have the time, nor interest to take it to the next level. So, I guess my point is, I come here for the camaraderie and, like with my friends, sometimes we talk politics in between talking about other stuff.
At 61 years old, I’d bet I’d still blow Grundle off the line and put him on his back!

Does that make me a better football fan than him?:p

Last edited:
I post plenty of football analysis. Perhaps you are too busy writing posts bragging a pout yourself and how much of genius you think you are to have read them.
He’s probably a pencil neck kinda guy

You are not qualified to give others advice on how to live.........move along

Where did I give advice? Your reply had nothing to do with the content of my post

It’s fun watching the 8 yes voters argue with the 138 no voters!:D

This is a good point. That is why it is important to continue to treat drug addiction and possession of marijuanan in this countryt differently than we had been doing. The legalizing/decriminalization of weed will reduce the number of non-violent minorities in the prison system. More thinking of this nature needs to be addressed to level the playing field, I don't remember the %, but I am 100% certain that the percentage of AA in prison is way higher than the population in this country. That needs to change through systematic change and thoughtful programs.
I agree on cutting some slack regarding weed and other drug possession. But not on dealing heavy drugs or violent crime & illegal firearms.

Where did I give advice? Your reply had nothing to do with the content of my post

you're existence is one long self-help diatribe on how others should be.......

It’s fun watching the 8 yes voters argue with the 138 no voters!:D

small things amuse small minds

Is it possible to discuss football and the Pats, not personal problems and vendettas?

Is it possible to discuss football and the Pats, not personal problems and vendettas?
What fun would this place be without vendettas and people airing their personal problems ?

Is that what you expected in a thread with this title?

We like to make a big deal out of meaningless topics!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes