PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Playoffs: Detroit Lions at Dallas Cowboys - odds, stats, preview and prediction

Why DO you have that signature? What kind of Patriot fan wants a massive picture in their signature that defends (with ********) the guy who got in Brady's face all hostile, after a 1 point home win, yelling "YOU MAD BRO?"

Why not have a picture of Suggs with Spygate quotes?

You can shut off the displaying of signatures. I did it a long time ago and my viewing pleasure went up. :)

nobody will ever see that in real time. and he barely touched facemask in slow-mo. those little things happen all the time. but the whole play was PI from naked eyes - it was a PI by today's rule. we see that getting called in today's offensive driven league.

if they didn't call it? fine. there will be lions fans crying that 'boys' get all the calls. but when you call it then lift the flag up, then the whole country cries about it and say NFL is rigged.

I am strongly in favor of coaches challenges to PI calls.
However, this example weakens my case. Even with a review after the fact, PI is SO subjective and complex that there will always be controversy especially when a perceived league favorite team (otherwise known as your opponent if you're a fan) gets a reversal.
Best solution is 10 yds for PI.

It has nothing to do with his color but rather his behavior, are there any white players that act like him and receive different treatment?

Also, if you think being labeled a thug is tiresome imagine how tiring it is being victimized by thugs, that's why people take issue with Sherman endorsing that image.

He doesn't display the image of a violent criminal. Period. If that's the label you jump to because a black athlete rubs you the wrong way, than that's says something about YOU, not him.

I think it's tiresome when law abiding citizens are labeled as criminals and it's also dangerous. Too often they are people who look like **** Sherman and myself and its Representative of a larger problem in this country. He talked trash to Tom! Must be pullin drive by's or robbing people? Pathetic. Stop digging, there is ZERO basis to call Richard Sherman a violent criminal. I can totally see why a fan of a different team would dislike him, he actually begs for it. But he isn't a violent criminal who hurts people.

What white player that has never had any serious physical altercation. Or off field incident is called a thug? Name one. Because Sherman is a model citizen by all accounts.

I didn't call him a thug, and I wouldn't want him on the Pats if he didn't change his tune, I root for and against teams because of the players on it, I want to see people I like win and those I dislike lose, adding Sherman would make a things a lot more gray and less enjoyable for me.

But you are riding all out for the proponents of calling him such. Describing his behavior as thuggery? Lol do you even know the meaning? His behavior is violent? Criminally violent? Hopefully you slept off whatever you were drunk on.

Thanks, but no need to further belabor your race-baiting nonsense. There's fertile ground for that in this board's Political Forum. Perhaps you can vent your spleen there, I think your input would be welcome. As for your sig struggles: despite its obvious redundancy, WEST PHILLY AGITATING TROLL would suffice just fine. ;)

Nah I'm just "pro-black people being treated like every other American" and when I see it I say something. I'm black everywhere, including patsfans.com.

I have talked PLENTY of football here without incident, and I love my team. But, I don't need to look at my shoes for anybody when this stuff arises.

B6jCP7oCYAAqQ1C.jpg

B6i8ueTCMAA8jG8.jpg

B6jJRaKCUAEJ472.jpg:large

B6jAsFsCEAATlmC.jpg

proxy.jpg

Dean Blandino on the Cowboys party bus.

Nothing to see here folks, move along.

The NFL has no credibility with me. The idea that our Pats or any other team has their destiny in their own hands is just a pipe dream. Something that you tend to forget throughout the season, but then their own incompetence at being such terrible ****ing cheaters, can't even let you forget. They really go all out, shamelessly, with no apologies, or tact, when it comes to a playoff team winning that might affect that bottom line.

You know what really makes me laugh? When you see poor fans thinking there is suspicious calls, that actually call for the NFL to fire or investigate the referees. They see it, but they don't really want to put the 2 and 2 together and stare at the big picture in the face. Why the hell would the NFL ever investigate themselves? Or fire the guys doing such a wonderful job for them and carrying that agenda?

Nah I'm just "pro-black people being treated like every other American" and when I see it I say something. I'm black everywhere, including patsfans.com.

I have talked PLENTY of football here without incident, and I love my team. But, I don't need to look at my shoes for anybody when this stuff arises.
You, my friend, are pushing a race-baiting agenda here via your sigs that has nothing to do with the Patsfans.com football forum. Take it to the Political Forum -- there are plenty of topical threads on race relations where your perspectives will be welcomed. Your agitations on race are front and center with every post you make. It's classless and unnecessarily provocative.

You, my friend, are pushing a race-baiting agenda here via your sigs that has nothing to do with the Patsfans.com football forum. Take it to the Political Forum -- there are plenty of topical threads on race relations where your perspectives will be welcomed. Your agitations on race are front and center with every post you make. It's classless and unnecessarily provocative.

If I put a MLK sig and quote would that also be classless? I don't find it to be provocative in the least. Treat people like people should be the baseline.

My agenda is for a black person to not have to endure accusations of violent criminality because of annoying behavior. It's not race baiting. Everybody should be agreement that said practice is wrong anywhere, no?

Seriously, I'm not trolling, this stuff affects me, and its not something I will EVER back down from. I'm not snickering at a laptop trying to get people worked up.

Last edited:
If I put a MLK sig and quote would that also be classless? I don't find it to be provocative in the least. Treat people like people should be the baseline.

My agenda is for a black person to not have to endure accusations of violent criminality because of annoying behavior. It's not race baiting. Everybody should be agreement that said practice is wrong anywhere, no?
YES! But (A) this is a football forum -- not Ferguson, Mo. or the Chicago projects -- and not the place for pushing socio-political agendas. And (B) the images you have chosen are defiant/provocative. As you already have seen, there is more than one (reasonable) perspective to the Sherman situation and MANY perspectives on the Tamir Rice/Michael Brown/etc., etc. situations. Pushing your viewpoint out of context to what others say or do in this forum is just being an agitator. Again, I really do think you have something to offer on matters of race relations discussed in the Political Forum. That's where I do it.

Last edited:
When did I say you named me? You named people complaining about his 'thuggery', which I'm one of.

Logic, doesn't seem to be your friend.

Probably where you said "I didn't call him a thug" and quoted my post. I never said you called him a thug so I don't know why you would respond to my post with a statement like that unless you were under the assumption I was speaking to or about you. Logic would tell you that.

I'm done with this. I added my two cents and have nothing else to say on the matter.

Last edited:
I just posted this in another thread, but it belongs here too:

It gets even worse, both for the NFL and the defenders of the play. While trying to defend the DPI, Blandino admits that the holding call that proceded it was a definite blown call:

Blandino, appearing on PFT Live, told Mike Florio that Cowboys linebacker Anthony Hitchens did get away with a penalty on the Lions’ fourth-quarter pass to Brandon Pettigrew. But Blandino said the missed call that troubled him most was not the pass interference flag that was originally thrown but later picked up.

According to Blandino, the clear penalty Hitchens got away with was defensive holding: Hitchens grabbed Pettigrew’s jersey while Pettigrew was running his route, and Blandino said that should have been called. If it had been, it would have given the Lions an automatic first down.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ndino-acknowledges-cowboys-got-away-with-one/

He also admits, tacitly, that the Cowboys got away with the Dez Bryant non-call on the same play:

Cowboys receiver Dez Bryant ran onto the field to argue the pass interference call, and Blandino said Bryant could have been flagged for that. Blandino said running on the field to argue with an official is “not an automatic penalty,” but he added that “I certainly would have supported a call for unsportsmanlike conduct.”

Ultimately, Blandino admits, if all of the elements of that play had been called correctly, the Lions would have had a first down.

So, even while trying to pretend the DPI isn't a textbook example of what they've been calling all season and claiming it to be a 50/50 call (which still means it could have been called and there's no excuse for picking up the flag as a "faceguard"), Blandino admits that the cowboys got away with 2 other penalties on the same play.

I look forward to reading the upcoming disclaimers in the multiple threads where this is a topic.

Maybe it's advancing age, but I now have no idea whatsoever how OPI is determined in today's NFL.

But you are riding all out for the proponents of calling him such. Describing his behavior as thuggery? Lol do you even know the meaning? His behavior is violent? Criminally violent? Hopefully you slept off whatever you were drunk on.

noun
noun: thug; plural noun: thugs; noun: Thug
a violent person, especially a criminal.

noun: violence
behavior involving physical force intended to hurt, damage, or kill someone or something.
synonyms:brutality, brute force, ferocity, savagery, cruelty, sadism, barbarity, brutishnessMore
"violence against women"
forcefulness, force, power, strength, might, savagery, ferocity, brutality
"the violence of the blow"
strength of emotion or an unpleasant or destructive natural force.
"the violence of her own feelings"

His behavior to TFB and Erin Andrews was thuggish, by definition. Deal with it!

He doesn't display the image of a violent criminal. Period. If that's the label you jump to because a black athlete rubs you the wrong way, than that's says something about YOU, not him.

I think it's tiresome when law abiding citizens are labeled as criminals and it's also dangerous. Too often they are people who look like **** Sherman and myself and its Representative of a larger problem in this country. He talked trash to Tom! Must be pullin drive by's or robbing people? Pathetic. Stop digging, there is ZERO basis to call Richard Sherman a violent criminal. I can totally see why a fan of a different team would dislike him, he actually begs for it. But he isn't a violent criminal who hurts people.

What white player that has never had any serious physical altercation. Or off field incident is called a thug? Name one. Because Sherman is a model citizen by all accounts.

I don't have any issue with his color, there are tons of blacks in the NFL but there's a reason I'm singling HIM out, it's because he's a classless ****head. If he wants to be thought of with dignity he should try conducting himself with some.

noun
noun: thug; plural noun: thugs; noun: Thug
a violent person, especially a criminal.

noun: violence
behavior involving physical force intended to hurt, damage, or kill someone or something.
synonyms:brutality, brute force, ferocity, savagery, cruelty, sadism, barbarity, brutishnessMore
"violence against women"
forcefulness, force, power, strength, might, savagery, ferocity, brutality
"the violence of the blow"
strength of emotion or an unpleasant or destructive natural force.
"the violence of her own feelings"

His behavior to TFB and Erin Andrews was thuggish, by definition. Deal with it!

Disagree, with respect to your stretched definition in my opinion. NOT a "thug" or even close.
I've called Richard Sherman "****" Sherman when he was behaving like one in my view but that's as far as I'd go. I'd like to have him on the Pats.

Let's return to the topic of the thread.

Disagree, with respect to your stretched definition in my opinion. NOT a "thug" or even close.
I've called Richard Sherman "****" Sherman when he was behaving like one in my view but that's as far as I'd go. I'd like to have him on the Pats.

You mean this isn't it? Who knew?

"Strength of emotion" is a pretty low bar to set there...

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back