NFL ordering team facilities closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuantumMechanic

Burn it all down!
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
The NFL will be ordering teams to close down their facilities.

Brady on his XBox headset playing Madden with Mike Evans: “Run it again!”

If they do not get a grip of this horrible virus then Brady may never throw a ball in a game for Tampa !

I am honestly surprised this hasn't been done already.

Having said that, there has to be a way for coaches and staff to access their offices in order to work on rosters, FA, trades and the upcoming draft. Certainly, a secure virtual network can be setup for meetings, but coaches need all the notes, files, etc, that they keep hard copies of as well.

If they do not get a grip of this horrible virus then Brady may never throw a ball in a game for Tampa !

Breathe, my friend. Breathe.

It is a contagion, but no ways near the deadliest we have faced. Last year alone, over 30K people died from the common flu here in these United States alone.

We'll survive thedisease. Whether or not we survive the panic & hype is another question.

These are probably already shut down in New York and New Jersey. They aren't "essential services" in either state.

I would fell happier if they had a vaccine or effective treatment before thinking about comparisons to annual flu epidemics. You are correct about the hype but with no obvious cure this could go on for some time

These are probably already shut down in New York and New Jersey. They aren't "essential services" in either state.

This is part of why the NFL is doing it. It's perceived as unfair that some teams have their facilities open while others don't or can't.

I’m starting to think it’s a wrap

I would fell happier if they had a vaccine or effective treatment before thinking about comparisons to annual flu epidemics. You are correct about the hype but with no obvious cure this could go on for some time
Without a treatment, many more than 50K will die in the US before year end. The difference between CV and flu is that half of us have been vaccinated against flu, and that there is treatment for those who get the flu.

I’m sure Belichick is super excited to hold video conferences with his scouting staff. Hopefully a little easier to manage than his car clock.

I’m sure Belichick is super excited to hold video conferences with his scouting staff. Hopefully a little easier to manage than his car clock.

Unless the draft is cancelled, that will happen hundreds of times in the next month.

Those facilities should be back open by Easter though.

A little surprised this hasn't been done already. From my perspective overseas, I keep thinking America is basically shut down, but occasionally, there are stories like this one that paint a different picture.

Seems half-measure-y on a national level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes