NFL game in London: 500,000 requests...

Status
Not open for further replies.

italian pat patriot

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
...made by approx 160,000 fans (majority from UK)...

i think it will be tougher then expected to have a chance to get a ticket...

what a success...

...made by approx 160,000 fans (majority from UK)...

i think it will be tougher then expected to have a chance to get a ticket...

what a success...

Don't forget that all those requests were made before prices were announced. We'll be able to get tickets, don't worry about that.

Don't forget that all those requests were made before prices were announced. We'll be able to get tickets, don't worry about that.

Explain what you mean ironwasp! When i heard after 24 hours of setting up the website, they had 100,000 requests for tickets, i went Damn, theres NO Way im gonna get tickets now:(

Explain what you mean ironwasp! When i heard after 24 hours of setting up the website, they had 100,000 requests for tickets, i went Damn, theres NO Way im gonna get tickets now:(

Just goes to show, The NFL is very popular here in Europe:D

Just goes to show, The NFL is very popular here in Europe:D

These are just registrations of interest in buying tickets. At this stage you can't actually buy them. When it comes actually to putting in credit card details and shelling out £200 for four tickets - which is a hell of a lot cheaper than Foxorough! - you can guarantee that a lot of those who have registered interest will fall away quite quickly.

These are just registrations of interest in buying tickets. At this stage you can't actually buy them. When it comes actually to putting in credit card details and shelling out £200 for four tickets - which is a hell of a lot cheaper than Foxorough! - you can guarantee that a lot of those who have registered interest will fall away quite quickly.

honestly i'm not so sure...

many, imho, will come from Us too and i think that 160,000 people are really interested to see the game at probably any price...

just my opinion of course but i start to think it will ne not so easy to catch it...

How many of us that are season ticket holders would take the trip accross the pond to see them play, if tha Patriots were playing??

I know I would.....

How many of us that are season ticket holders would take the trip accross the pond to see them play, if tha Patriots were playing??

I know I would.....

correct...i presume that in London there will be much more US fans then expected too

and so it will be not so easy to have available tickets

let's see...

good for the NFL

what a success

honestly i'm not so sure...

many, imho, will come from Us too and i think that 160,000 people are really interested to see the game at probably any price...

just my opinion of course but i start to think it will ne not so easy to catch it...

It might not be very easy, Pat, you're right. But I have a good source close to all of those and will try to stay ahead of the game on this one. As soon as I know what's going on with the exact ticket application time I'll be in touch and find out from you if you are a definite and I'll do what I can to sort out a ticket for you.

If anyone else out there is struggling please also let know. I absolutely can't promise anything, but I'll do what I can to help as many Pats fans as possible get to the game.

It might not be very easy, Pat, you're right. But I have a good source close to all of those and will try to stay ahead of the game on this one. As soon as I know what's going on with the exact ticket application time I'll be in touch and find out from you if you are a definite and I'll do what I can to sort out a ticket for you.

If anyone else out there is struggling please also let know. I absolutely can't promise anything, but I'll do what I can to help as many Pats fans as possible get to the game.

thks ! i appreciate it.
of course i registered too and i have asked for 2 tickets (one for me and one for a friend of mine, GB fan from Italy too)

let's keep in touch and...thks again

Your point is an excellent one. For those of us who have followed the NFL since the days of Mick Luckhurst, John Smith et al, this game is a no-brainer. I'll pay whatever for tickets. The difficulty, as you said, comes for the new fan. They thought the Superbowl was OK but don't understand what the fuss is about when it comes to the intricacies of 3-4 v Cover 2. If you don't understand how a trap play works (or doesn't), then you aren't going to want to spend £50-60 on a three hour game, where so many things are going on at once.
I watched the Superbowl with a friend who was interested in the basics. I can't see her coming back to the game full time, though. Schemes, zones, routes and so on just aren't her thing.

BTW, in keeping with the inspiration for my username, I am going to display "cupboard love" with reference to your other posts on this board. I hereby declare myself your new best friend. :p

You're still a Southern softie, though.

Re: Too bad its Maimi vs NYG

consider the source of the quote... a scalper...
of course he "expects" tickets to go for superbowl prices (at least to a reporter)

Quite. Not many people here are going to pay Superbowl prices for this game. It is going to attract a hell of a lot of attention though.

You can';t exaggerate just how much people here LOVE sport. It almost doesn't matter what it is. And NFL still has both a hardcore following her - lunatics like myself and northern skinflint Gomezcat who spend more time here than is good for us - and a much softer following of people who will look in from time to time and wonder why Dan Marino isn't playing. It will be a sell-out. Guaranteed, and scalpers will likely make some cash, but I think people who really want to see the game will get the chance to do so.

BTW, in keeping with the inspiration for my username, I am going to display "cupboard love" with reference to your other posts on this board. I hereby declare myself your new best friend. :p

You're still a Southern softie, though.

Should I laugh, cry or run away?

Cool.

500,000 rabid British football fans who will down a few pints expecting to see a football game only to discover what they call football isn't what we call football

Should be fun. Those soccer fans of course are sure to be calm and polite when the discover the misundertanding.

Last edited:
Cool.

500,000 rabid British football fans who will down a few pints expecting to see a football game only to discover what they call football isn't what we call football

Should be fun. Those soccer fans of course are sure to be calm and polite when the discover the misundertanding.

:rofl:. I see you have a great understanding of British drinking culture.

Cool.

Actually, when they find they can drink beer while watching this version of football (you cannot at soccer matches in the UK - not in the sight of the field at least, for the obvious reasons you allude to) I think they will like it just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back