PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

[Old 2020 thread] NFL Free Agency/Trade Rumors:

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve long been a Robinson fan. He runs routes like AB. Same speed, but bigger. He would help Harry too.

Cam and AR15. GTFOH. :evil:

At the combine Robinson ran a 4.60 sec 40 yard dash. Harry ran a 4.53 sec 40 yard dash. Robinson is slower than Harry - would there be a PatsFans forum meltdown if we traded for a "slower than Harry" receiver? :whistle:

Robinson won't happen. He most likely wants 18ml+ on a multi year deal. If we had a superbowl contender we could do our usual 1 year type deal, but no way BB gives this guy a top market WR multi year contract. He's awesome though.

At the combine Robinson ran a 4.60 sec 40 yard dash. Harry ran a 4.53 sec 40 yard dash. Robinson is slower than Harry - would there be a PatsFans forum meltdown if we traded for a "slower than Harry" receiver? :whistle:
o

No he’s a better athlete. He improved those numbers at his pro day. 4.47 40 time. 6.54 cone time.

Maybe Robinson just wants to win?
I’m all for Robinson Or OBJ
His agent has said it's about money, and NE is not favorite to win or compete for a SB. Would be great to land him though. OBJ.....yuck!

I’ll take a potential cancer in OBJ over the stiffs we have lining up right now.

Looking at options closer to the deadline but if the lions are out of it and we’re still in it by that point maybe inquire about Marvin Jones? Last year of his deal, they’re looking at locking up golladay long term, maybe we could get him for a late pick? I’d feel much better about this than I did last year giving up a 2 for a year and a half of Sanu. (which turned out to only be a few games in hindsight)

o

No he’s a better athlete. He improved those numbers at his pro day. 4.47 40 time. 6.54 cone time.

Was the Pro Day a hand stopwatch or a computer stop watch? A 4.47 by hand is the same as a 4.57 by computer (which they use at the combine - commonly it is a hand stop watch at Pro Days). 4.47 by hand is still slow. Robinson's combine 3 cone is 7.00 - hard to believe it dropped to 6.54 - huge discrepancy. Harry did not run the 3 cone at the combine.

Sanu at the combine (consistent results you can compare) ran a 4.62 sec 40 yard dash and a 6.88 sec 3 cone versus Robinson's 4.60 and 7.00 respectively. Sanu is older but was a better athlete at the same age as Robinson.

Not sure I would give up a high draft pick for Robinson.

Realistically - what would it take to pry OBJ from the Browns? And then could the team do some creative structuring to give him a new contract that primarily eats into this year's cap surplus?

Honestly - he's 27 years old. I'd give up our 1st rounder.

Robinson will require a new contract. OBJ is signed for the next few years at a decent rate and wants to play with BB. If I had to pick between the two I’d go with OBJ.

Was the Pro Day a hand stopwatch or a computer stop watch? A 4.47 by hand is the same as a 4.57 by computer (which they use at the combine - commonly it is a hand stop watch at Pro Days). 4.47 by hand is still slow. Robinson's combine 3 cone is 7.00 - hard to believe it dropped to 6.54 - huge discrepancy. Harry did not run the 3 cone at the combine.

Sanu at the combine (consistent results you can compare) ran a 4.62 sec 40 yard dash and a 6.88 sec 3 cone versus Robinson's 4.60 and 7.00 respectively. Sanu is older but was a better athlete at the same age as Robinson.

Not sure I would give up a high draft pick for Robinson.
Screw a 40/3-cone! Robinson’s been a productive #1 WR on bad teams (besides 2018). He’s had two 1,000 yard seasons playing with Blake Trubisky. Bring him in!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes