PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

[Old 2020 thread] NFL Free Agency/Trade Rumors:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daylon Mack. Kid from A&M , 2 year ago I believe. On a snap count, at 0/1 Tech I think he's be serviceable, maybe better than average in the right spot. He's like 6'1/340 and at times, a great first step for his size. Lots of hype of hype in college but never approached meeting expectations.
Ah no wonder I didn't see him listed on Detroit's roster...I remember him from the draft, and didn't realized that he had been waived by Bal'mo last week...Heck yeah sign him up, won't cost much...and then sign Snacks too...

Its interesting that the Pats added a CB when they need help at LB and D-Line.

I did see that the Pats worked out 2 players, but I can't find the article again.

This year the Patriots philosophy of having a long contingency list, people who had been in camp but cut or had visited, could be more important than usual, if we have COVID absences. The Florida Marlins in MLB are looking to replace more than half their roster.

Its interesting that the Pats added a CB when they need help at LB and D-Line.

I did see that the Pats worked out 2 players, but I can't find the article again.

Possibly bill is preparing to shop one of the CB’s. It’s by far our best option of getting a good trade. I love Jackson but he might be able to get a decent Player and a pick for him. Who know though

That spreadsheet.. If you squint and look real closely you can make out its hidden message: "Pay me."

Gronk who?

JK ..but Leggett may stick.
Leggett has been a HUGE zero, even for a 5th round pick. He was quite good as Deshaun Watson’s TE in college, but has literally done nothing in the NFL after 3 years. Just a camp body.

Possibly bill is preparing to shop one of the CB’s. It’s by far our best option of getting a good trade. I love Jackson but he might be able to get a decent Player and a pick for him. Who know though

Some of the Patriots coaches think Jackson has a ceiling of "better than Gilmore." Unless they're going to get someone like George Kittle in return, Jackson is too valuable to trade.

I don't know that the Jackson trade has any true impact on JC Jackson or Gilly as of right now.

I feel its a pretty..unremarkable trade. Its business as usual. Use a draft pick on a player that you MIGHT be able to coach up and in return MIGHT be able to help you out.

I feel this us more addressing the depth at corner, esp this season. Jason McCourty is admittedly on his last leg..JoeJuan is off to a bad start (no other way to say it) and now also add the complexity of the virus.

It would seem that the Pats are leaning towards signing Leggett and Kilgo after their recent workout for the team

NFL Rumors: Patriots Plan To Sign Free Agent Tight End, D-Tackle

Leggett has good size at 6'5" 258 lbs and just 25 yrs old. Only 14 career receptions but can't be worse then LaCosse last season.

a3155318c971ae14c50fef4e336e6ca6.png

Leggett has been a HUGE zero, even for a 5th round pick. He was quite good as Deshaun Watson’s TE in college, but has literally done nothing in the NFL after 3 years. Just a camp body.

Not disputing that. He didn't play his rookie year and was a shadow roster player until today. I liked him in Clemson, more of a receiving threat and a terror in the seams than a blocker.

Only reason why I say he might stick is the bar is so low for that group right now..you're telling me he can't beat out 6 catch 116 yds 1 TD in 2019 Ryan Izzo? You and I even have a shot.

Only locks I have are Asiasi and Keene. From the looks if it Keene will be more involved with the FB group. So the opportunity for Leggett is there.

Last two signings Newhouse and Ferentz?

Maybe at cut down time, the Patriots will be able to re-sign a few of Miami's and
Detroit's cuts like Karras and Roberts.

Last edited:
Pats signed Lamar Miller to 1 year deal

With Sony on PUP and Bolden opting out it looks like a good time to take a flyer on someone who was highly productive before suffering a season ender. No expectations, only upside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back