PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

[Old 2020 thread] NFL Free Agency/Trade Rumors:

Status
Not open for further replies.
“Started.” It took both players time to develop. The same is true of Matt Light and every other player mentioned.
Joe Thomas was an All Pro his rookie year.

But not a good head.

I'm surprised no one picked up EG but his issues seem to consistently come up. Few off the field stuff. Social media nonsense I believe.

He had a legit terrifying mental health episode a few seasons ago, i was surprised he came back to play. He was talking about demons in his head, showed up at Trae Waynes' house one night and freaked he and his family out. He was quarantined from his own wife and kids for a while. Have never heard a bad word about him, multiple people I know have met him/know him and all say he's very kind. I don't think he should play anymore, it's sad.

He had a legit terrifying mental health episode a few seasons ago, i was surprised he came back to play. He was talking about demons in his head, showed up at Trae Waynes' house one night and freaked he and his family out. He was quarantined from his own wife and kids for a while. Have never heard a bad word about him, multiple people I know have met him/know him and all say he's very kind. I don't think he should play anymore, it's sad.
Yeah I believe there was something very recent too. Off-season and during the season.

I have a feeling a lot of these guys are messed up big time upstairs. Wish the NFL would make opiates and mental health a real issue.

If Reed is healthy he is a legit TE. However 22 injuries including 6 concussions since the beginning of his NFL adventure can't be good.

I wouldn’t be against Clooney. This team lack a real pass rusher since Chandler Jones.

Almost all of our sacks the last two years we re schemed sacks.

I fail to see how this is a bad thing. I haven't seen anyone complaining about the same thing on offense where for the most part we have been out-scheming opponents instead of relying on physical talent alone.

Why tie up 16-18M APY in a pass rusher when you can scheme up a lot of it and reinvest the money into more depth making the team more flexible while being better insured against individual injuries.

I fail to see how this is a bad thing. I haven't seen anyone complaining about the same thing on offense where for the most part we have been out-scheming opponents instead of relying on physical talent alone.

Why tie up 16-18M APY in a pass rusher when you can scheme up a lot of it and reinvest the money into more depth making the team more flexible while being better insured against individual injuries.

If it was better to scheme sacks instead of having a guy that can win one on one constantly, everybody would do it and the good pass rushers wouldn’t be paid 15-18 million a year. It’s the case for a reason.

I wouldn’t be against Clooney. This team lack a real pass rusher since Chandler Jones.

r

If it was better to scheme sacks instead of having a guy that can win one on one constantly, everybody would do it and the good pass rushers wouldn’t be paid 15-18 million a year. It’s the case for a reason.

Not every organization has someone with as much understanding of the game and their players' strengths as BB.

Thankfully there are those dumbass franchises that pay 15-18m for pass rushers that consistently get schemed out of the game.

I'd rather have multiple KVN/Ninkovich level players than one Chandler Jones for the same price. No single point of failure and more versatility. More or less the same impact.

saw a headline about Tyrelle Pryor ... Guy does bring elements we dont have in any of our big guys (He was a 4.3-4.4 40 type guy) but seems like the wrong type of character... arrested for assault and got stabbed plus nagging injuries kept him out last year.

I'd rather we spend on a TE (trade?) or Clowney even...

Not every organization has someone with as much understanding of the game and their players' strengths as BB.

Thankfully there are those dumbass franchises that pay 15-18m for pass rushers that consistently get schemed out of the game.

I'd rather have multiple KVN/Ninkovich level players than one Chandler Jones for the same price. No single point of failure and more versatility. More or less the same impact.

But I think BB scheme to get sack is more a product of the lack of talent at DE than a real approach. We were crying on this forum about the lack of pressure the last 5 years and nobody was saying scheme sacks were great and BB was genius and everybody else were morons. I think we also had more sacks last year because the secondary was better.

I agree that Bill doesn’t want to pay 15 million a year for a guy like that but his constantly searching for the next chandler jones. It didn’t find it the draft so far but he tried via free agency with signing like Harrison and Bennet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes