PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

[Old 2020 thread] NFL Free Agency/Trade Rumors:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah well Wolfe could only play defense. We're upset he picked the Ravens. But think about it. They just spent 6 million on someone who can't even be a gunner on special teams or return punts! Serious overpay!

Yeah well Wolfe could only play defense. We're upset he picked the Ravens. But think about it. They just spent 6 million on someone who can't even be a gunner on special teams or return punts! Serious overpay!
We still don't have Anyone who can return punts...

The Ravens had some extra money available after the Brockers deal fell apart. Darn, I was hoping the Pats would eventually find the cap space to get Wolfe.

The Ravens had some extra money available after the Brockers deal fell apart. Darn, I was hoping the Pats would eventually find the cap space to get Wolfe.

Note to those who don't see the value in tanking: this is why an elite QB on a rookie deal is the most valuable asset in the NFL - you have money.

Also, most large NFL FA deals don't work out how you'd expect.

Last edited:
What a moral dilemma. Root for Ravens to stop Mahomes Dynasty or not?
You’re laying some heavy stuff on me this morning.

It seems that when Brady left, the *tourch* was actually passed to Mahomes and the KC Chiefs, and that truly sucks.

What a moral dilemma. Root for Ravens to stop Mahomes Dynasty or not?

Well, if they actually succeeded, we would just be asking each other which dynasty would be worse.

The answer would definitely be the one that includes Tyreek Hill and Frank Clark. Go Ravens I guess.

Am I the only one here who really didn't see Wolfe making a major difference? He's a good but not great player. Could have helped but the amount of worrying about him on this board makes it sound like he's a Pro Bowl talent. He's arguably less exciting a DE signing prospect than Sheard was.

Am I the only one here who really didn't see Wolfe making a major difference? He's a good but not great player. Could have helped but the amount of worrying about him on this board makes it sound like he's a Pro Bowl talent. He's arguably less exciting a DE signing prospect than Sheard was.

Maybe but the D- line is pretty much a weakness on this team. They also lost two starting LBs.

Maybe but the D- line is pretty much a weakness on this team. They also lost two starting LBs.

It doesn't make much sense addressing the DL weakness with a guy as old as Wolfe. We need long term solutions.

Not sure how Wolfe, a DE/DT tweener, is relevant to us losing LBs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back