PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

[Old 2020 thread] NFL Free Agency/Trade Rumors:

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOL, so true!

High priced non-QB guys who are declining because of injury are not wanted by their teams?

I'm sure this is shocking the world, just as I'm sure it doesn't happen with players from other positions.
It's not that hard. Don't draft them early or pay them big money.

It's not that hard. Don't draft them early or pay them big money.

It's not that hard. Draft well, and at the right time, regardless of position, and you take elite full-time players when you can get them. You don't wait for round after round, unless you're talking about a punter or kicker.

Example 712 for why you never pay a RB.

Example 712 for why you never pay a RB.

How many examples do we have of why you never pay for, or burn a high draft pick on, a QB?

You can play this game with pretty much every position.

It's not that hard. Draft well, and at the right time, regardless of position, and you take elite full-time players when you can get them. You don't wait for round after round, unless you're talking about a punter or kicker.
How many examples do we have of why you never pay for, or burn a high draft pick on, a QB?

This isn't hard to understand. It's about value Deus. Supply and demand.

QB's are worth the gamble. The impact they have is incredible and the supply simply isn't there like it is for RB. There's a 1000 bodies ready to fill that void. Not the case with QB's.

You might get lucky and hit on a Wilson, Brady etc but those examples are incredibly small. Outliers.

For RB every year we have some udfa making noise. 3rd, 5th round picks making a big impact. That simply isn't the case with QB's.

Not sure why this needs to be explained?

Almost no other position is useless by 30.

The rams looked so promising 2017-2018 , never thought their window would be 2 years . What a mess

Almost no other position is useless by 30.

shrug.gif

Almost no other position is as NFL ready out of the chute.

This isn't hard to understand. It's about value Deus. Supply and demand.

QB's are worth the gamble. The impact they have is incredible and the supply simply isn't there like it is for RB. There's a 1000 bodies ready to fill that void. Not the case with QB's.

You might get lucky and hit on a Wilson, Brady etc but those examples are incredibly small. Outliers.

For RB every year we have some udfa making noise. 3rd, 5th round picks making a big impact. That simply isn't the case with QB's.

Not sure why this needs to be explained?

You keep "explaining" it. You keep getting it wrong, as I've shown repeatedly.

That's probably why.

Only thing I got wrong was bothering with a casual like you.

Instead of bringing an argument to the debate it's more nonsense like this post.

"Casual"?

rofl.gif

OK, slick. We've had the back and forth on the RBs before. I've showed you where you were wrong. You just choose to keep repeating the same erroneous arguments even after we've discussed them.

To repeat basic common sense:

You take elite talent when you find it. You don't wait on it. If there's an elite QB, you draft him high. If there's an elite center, you draft him high. If there's an elite RB, you draft him high. If there's an elite guard, you draft him high. Etc....

The exceptions are the ST only guys.

It's gonna happen you racist bastards and he's gonna have sex with all your white women.

ETf4DT8WsA81oOZ

Look for Todd Gurley to contact the Bucs.

I expect Dion Lewis to sign there.

I presume that the rams will pay his roster bonus tomorrow, leaving 2020 compensation at $8M, and future compensation at $12M a year. He could fit in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes