PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

[Old 2020 thread] NFL Free Agency/Trade Rumors:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Host of deletions for Miami:

Who is playing Lb for us next season ? :D

Eli Apple to the Raiders

Su'a-Filo to the Bungles

Man, it's weird....if we still had Brady on the roster, I'd be all like, "WTF are the Pats doing? Sign someone! Anyone!!!"

Now I am all like, "Meh, just bring in bargain bin guys and try to win or tank with Stidham"...not even worried about it. My thoughts on the team as of today (3/18):

QB: Stidham and Kessler = C -

OL: Wynn, Thuney, Andrews, Mason, and Cannon = B - (Last year's performance leaves us some questions)

RB: Michel, White, Williams, Burkhead, Bolden = B - (White gets an A, but Michel was so-so last year.)

TE: LaCosse and Izzo = D - (And I don't think it's getting any better in FA, will have to draft)

WR: Edelman, Sanu, Harry, Meyers, Byrd, and Slater = B - (We need more talent)

DL: Guy, Wino, Butler, Simon, Cowart, Wise, and Rivers = B - (We need a plugger in the middle and more depth as I think Wino/Simon will play off the line more)

LB: Hightower, Bentley, and Calhoun = C - (We need help here!)

Secondary: McCourty, Chung, Gilmore, Jackson, Jones, J. McCourty, and JoeJuan Williams = A+ (probably the best secondary in the league, IMO)

ST's: Gostkowski, Folk, Cardona, Bailey, Slater, Ebner, Bethel, and King = A+ (I think we have the best gunners in the league, a top 5 punter, good snapper, and a top 8 kicker or Folk who I'd rank 25th-30th in the league).

============

We need to inject youth into this team...linebackers (pural), run stopper, more pass rush, OL depth, RT of the future, WR/TE that can stretch the field and win one on ones, and possibly QB.

Like rats leaving a sinking ship. How many more players bail on this team?

Like rats leaving a sinking ship. How many more players bail on this team?
Well, these guys are still unsigned:
T Marshall Newhouse
WR Phillip Dorsett
DE Shilique Calhoun
G James Ferentz
K Nick Folk
ST Nate Ebner

We need to inject youth into this team...linebackers (pural), run stopper, more pass rush, OL depth, RT of the future, WR/TE that can stretch the field and win one on ones, and possibly QB.

WR
too high a rating. It just doesn't make much sense that one of our top needs is rated B-.

OL DEPTH
We do need to sign some depth. We do have Froholdt and Cajuste. We will likely re-sign Ferentz as a backup center (our #10 OL). We will re-sign Newhouse or someone else to compete with Cajuste. I don't think that this is a major issue.

It is the health for the starters that is the issue, especially Andrews and Cannon.

DEFENSE
We just signed a NT. I expect another. We do need a couple of LB's. I suspect that Calhoun is one, since he is a STer, the primary role for a backup LB.

Factual or not, why the hell would they cancel in April?

Dominos fall until they are all knocked over, or something stops them. I do not see anything to accomplish that.

Other than that, it's just a prediction, nothing more.

That's because it's not going to happen.

OOF. I'm 3 days in to working from home, and I'm already over it.
I am retired. I sincerely feel bad for everyone that this is effecting in many ways. To all of you. Stay strong

I am retired. I sincerely feel bad for everyone that this is effecting in many ways. To all of you. Stay strong

I would probably enjoy it more, if the world was normal.

I tend to agree that's what a rational GM would acknowledge...so why did Bill throw 8 figures - again! - at DMac?
perhaps because Dmac is still one of the best safeties in the game. You act as if his $5.4M 2020 cap hit will break the back. The likelihood of getting a better 2020 cap value is virtually nil.

Donte Fowler to the Falcons

Rodney Gunter to the Jaguars

Michael Pierce to the Vikings

Brandon Snell to the Seahawks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes