PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

[Old 2020 thread] NFL Free Agency/Trade Rumors:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or Dalton O God
I don't really want Cam
Unless he is recovered

Not gonna lie, a part of me wants to see dalton signed for peanuts as a backup to watch the fireworks go off in this place.

We need to hand kinnard on a plane to New England with Derek Wolfe sitting a few rows back
Also Breshad Perriman

GREAT POST COUSIN:
Reasonably priced additions besides two above that are no brainers. Most are still young. Now IMO new additions would be the following>

OLB Leonard Floyd-Was are not bad in Chicago. I see him as a KVN developmental 6'5" with speed 4.6. Only 27. Was CAP casualty.
WR Nelson Agholor-Needs a change of scenery. Went from 64 catches in 2018 to 39 in 2019...why? Injuries? Caught nine against us in SB. BB remembers. Snaps went from 90% to 59%. Only 26. Foles loved the kid. Wentz not so much.
DT Ndamukong Suh-I will get roasted for this. He is still great against the run. He can still push the pocket WHICH IS A SKILL BB WANTS. At 33 he still has something left. In nine years he has missed only two games so he's dependable. Give him two with an option.
TE Tyler Eifert- First full 16 game season last year. Only 29 years old. 43 receptions from a weak QB core. Can actually block some. Whoever the QB is we need more than one TE not named LaCosse.
TE Eric Ebron-Gold in the Red Zone. Drops outside. 1,000 a day on the jugs machine.Only 27. Need two TE's
SS Ha-Ha Clinton-Dix-Pending moving Chung via trade or cut. Might get him to sign multi-year for Chung $. Ha-Ha was pretty good in coverage not declining like Chung.78 tackles last year. Very underrated. Put him next to our ridiculously priced $12mm McCourty.
WR-Pharoh Cooper- Superb as a return man but gives you a touch of Bolden as a WR. 25 catches in part-time role. Very under the radar as a WR. We need at least two more WR.

PLAN B>
WR Emmanual Sanders-Boys have the inside track and an actual QB.
WR Rishard Higgins-The kid was stuck behind Landry and OBJ
DT Tim Jernigan-Injuries past have slowed him

WHO DO WE MOVE FOR CAP?
S Chung. Not worth $8mm
LB Hightower. Not worth $11mm and has trade value
RB Michel. Has been mediocre. Trade bate. You drafted a RB Harris in 2019
OT Cannon. Not worth $8mm. Start a kid. Stop the Olé blocking.
K Gostkowski. Not worth $5mm. Gamble with Folk

We extend Thuney asap

WHO DO WE RE-SIGN?
K Nick Folk
LB Elandon Roberts (I would have never said this a year ago, but he is versatile)
S-Nate Ebner

TRADES WE GO FOR. BB HAS A GOOD KNACK HERE>
TE Adam Shaheen-Lost his was on the Bears. Second rounder. Had too many injuries. Late round pick.
WR Marquise Goodwin-Was a top target for Jimmy G in 2017. Then injuries
TE-David Njoku-With the signing of Hooper, a reasonable trade might be made and he's only 23.
QB-Nick Mullens-In 2018 as a rookie under fire with the Jimmy G injury, in 8 games threw for 2277 yards and 13 TD's with a QB rating of over 90. Would 16 Games be 4400 yards? and 26 TDs? Kid is a tough guy.
WR Andy Isabella-Only 10 snaps in 2019. Here is your long speed. The Cards just got a pretty good WR.

Thoughts?
DW Toys

This is why I said the Colts would sign Rivers. The consequences of going after Brady and missing out will leave you with a backup QB for next season.

Sneaky pick up would be mullens. In 2018 in 8 games 2200 yards and 13 TDs
DW Toys

Can FA just start Monday at noon? We already know where 80% of the top guys are going...why do this every year?

If Andy Dalton is on this team, then yo ho ho it’s a pirate life for me. Not really, but I really don’t want Andy Dalton anywhere near my team. Much rather roll with Stidham

Chargers would be scary if they had a QB

I predict the season will be cancelled by the end of April. This plague is not going to end anytime soon.

Neither. Stidham is the guy for now.

OK, we EXPECT Stidham to be our starter.

What is Plan B? AND, who is the backup?
==============
I expect us to bring in Cam or Dalton or Winston (most likely).

Depending on what we think of Stidham and the draftee, I would be fine with adding a draftee to be part of our future of Stidham and a draftee.

With regard to Winston, their offense was awesome. We pay far too much attention to interceptions. With Arians and his 50-50 passes on every series, interceptions are not a big deal. In any case, Winston is good enough to be a backup for the patriots in 2020.

It’s just getting annoying at this point. How many will the Lions and Dolphins sign?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes