PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

[Old 2020 thread] NFL Free Agency/Trade Rumors:

Status
Not open for further replies.
They signed a ST player with experience under Patricia and BoB going into the final game of a season at a time where they have over 20 people on the injury report.

Does anyone actually need it to be spelled it out ? I think it is overwhelmingly obvious why he was signed for one week.
Because Little Bill's stopped trying to find actual, you know, talent?

Is there a deadline for when the Niners need to make a decision on Jimmy?

Is there a deadline for when the Niners need to make a decision on Jimmy?
No, the only money paid out between now and week 1 is his $600k workout bonus. They can hold onto him until they have a replacement and/or need to free up the cap space.

No, the only money paid out between now and week 1 is his $600k workout bonus. They can hold onto him until they have a replacement and/or need to free up the cap space.

Personally after seeing how much the late signing of Newton affected the performance of the offense in 2020 I am not sure that BB will want to go through a similar situation again next season. Give whoever ends up the vet option on the roster all the time in the world to get comfortable with the offense.

The farther away from FA we get the less likely I think anything regarding JimmyG becomes which unfortunately -- as you are correctly saying -- is diametrically opposed to the 49ers offseason plans. They can just wait and see..

The Steelers signed Dwayne Haskins. So this off season may have some upside yet for the Patriots.

The Steelers signed Dwayne Haskins. So this off season may have some upside yet for the Patriots.
Yeah I noticed that too...They know the Rapist's days are numbered in Sh!tsdirt; and they also know that they didn't have anybody in the building to replace him...Low-risk, high-reward contract I ass-ume...Can't say I blame them...Kinda like what maybe we coulda done with Josh Rosen...

Yeah I noticed that too...They know the Rapist's days are numbered in Sh!tsdirt; and they also know that they didn't have anybody in the building to replace him...Low-risk, high-reward contract I ass-ume...Can't say I blame them...Kinda like what maybe we coulda done with Josh Rosen...
Don't know what to make of Rosen, he has been through 5 teams and nobody has made any effort to keep him. Something isn't right there.

Doubt Rosen has any more upside at this point than Stidham.

Sounds like alot of solid players going to be available due to the cap squeeze. A good time for teams with alit of space like the Patriots to load up on the cheap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back