PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

[Old 2020 thread] NFL Free Agency/Trade Rumors:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Desperation time in Detroit. I guess Quinn won't retain his job either.

Not sure if it's a move of desperation or not. Definitely intriguing.

Detroit has the following games remeaining:
Minnesota (x2), Texans, Panthers, Washington, Colts, Bears, Packers, Buccaneers, and Titans. Without the move, they were probably looking at splitting the remaining games. I don't think that Griffin gives them enough on defense to beat the Packers, Buccaneers and Titans. Going 6-4 doesn't get them into the play-offs. Not with the NFC West and their own Division being so strong. 3of the 5 of the Seahawks, Saints, Cardinals, Rams and 49ers would have to implode. But, stranger things have happened. (looks menacingly at 2020)..

What the heck happened to Poe? Wasn’t he a decent DT early in his career? Weight issues? Lack of passion?..I’d like to see if BB could get him up to snuff..

Last edited:
Not sure if it's a move of desperation or not. Definitely intriguing.

Detroit has the following games remeaining:
Minnesota (x2), Texans, Panthers, Washington, Colts, Bears, Packers, Buccaneers, and Titans. Without the move, they were probably looking at splitting the remaining games. I don't think that Griffin gives them enough on defense to beat the Packers, Buccaneers and Titans. Going 6-4 doesn't get them into the play-offs. Not with the NFC West and their own Division being so strong. 3of the 5 of the Seahawks, Saints, Cardinals, Rams and 49ers would have to implode. But, stranger things have happened. (looks menacingly at 2020)..

What do you think they need to do to get themselves another year ? Is winning one playoff game enough ?

What the heck happened to Poe? Wasn’t he a decent DT early in his career? Weight issues? Lack of passion?..I’d like to see if BB could get him up to snuff..
He was decent, but he's always been a bigger name than what his play warranted. He's got the trifecta of blowing up the combine, being a high first round pick, and scoring three touchdowns on trick plays. That has gotten him plenty of attention regardless of how well he stuffs the run.

One week ago I would've posted that Bill should go hard after guys like Griffin, Dunlap & Poe...

...Now my feeling is, why bother? After the Denver & SF losses, we should be Sellers at the deadline, not Buyers...

this is no surprise, as seattle has been mentioned for a while now as a landing spot for him. if the pats give them gilmore it instantly improve their D....wow. dunlap is an 8-10 sack guy.

Last edited:
One week ago I would've posted that Bill should go hard after guys like Griffin, Dunlap & Poe...

...Now my feeling is, why bother? After the Denver & SF losses, we should be Sellers at the deadline, not Buyers...

Our last spark of hope is the Bills game, if they lose that then I'd agree its time for a complete rebuild and we should start getting what we can for our talented veteran players that likely wouldnt be around for a rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes