PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

[Old 2020 thread] NFL Free Agency/Trade Rumors:

Status
Not open for further replies.
75% is a huge difference when it comes to the quality of an O-linemen. You're talking about a player who is ALREADY an All-Pro Guard and would easily be an All-Pro Center if he played there regularly. I feel very confident in saying that with Thuney anchoring the O-line going forward, We'd have a top rushing offense for that entire time. There is no way I can say that about Andrews.

That security is huge when it comes to thinking about the long term of this offense. Particularly with the QB situation no where close to being settled. If the Parcells Giants proved anything it's that a damn good O-line can cover up for a mediocre QB.

And there’s even more examples of great lines with mediocre QBs achieving absolutely nothing. Actually great lines with even above above average QB’s

early 2000 Chiefs, early to mid 2000’s Seahawks. You could even say the 07-11 saints (they did win eventually w/brees). How about the 2014 -2018 cowboys.

just some of the greatest offensive lines ever that achieved very little.

Last edited:
You obviously haven't watched Kelce block then. He's worse than Izzo who is a mediocre blocker. You want a big receiver, fair enough. he can replace one of the other receivers on the field.

Just hear it from Rob Ninkovich

Wide margin, my ****ing ass!

To be clear, your stance is that Travis Kelce would not be the Patriots' best tight end by a wide margin? Izzo may be good at knowing the plays, but nothing else. Even if there was a vast chasm in their blocking abilities, which their isn't, Kelce's ability as a receiver would make him better by a wide margin.

You can pretty much guarantee AB goes to the Seahawks. Potentially Baltimore.
Welp. Never mind.

But holy hell, that Tampa Bay offense is going to be nuts once Evans recovers, since he's been limping around for 3 weeks straight. They probably saw KC sign Bell and realized that there's nothing stopping them from loading up too. Especially since KC is likely to reach the SB.

To be clear, your stance is that Travis Kelce would not be the Patriots' best tight end by a wide margin? Izzo may be good at knowing the plays, but nothing else. Even if there was a vast chasm in their blocking abilities, which their isn't, Kelce's ability as a receiver would make him better by a wide margin.
He's not going to in-line block like Izzo would. So, he wouldn't be replacing Izzo. He'd be replacing another receiver.

If Pats are named then they're probably out. Guessing it's to drive up the price for the Bills
I've also heard Engram might be on the block. I like that option better than Tate.

Can we not trade for someone younger? Every time we make a trade its some 30 something year old on his last leg and is one injury away from retirement like Sanu. There is a reason we have no speed whatsoever on offense, and its cause we keep featuring old receivers (and draft slow ones).

Can we not trade for someone younger? Every time we make a trade its some 30 something year old on his last leg and is one injury away from retirement like Sanu. There is a reason we have no speed whatsoever on offense, and its cause we keep featuring old receivers (and draft slow ones).

Because usually teams won't make young and promising WRs available as they are on cheap contracts whereas the older ones are on bigger deals that will help them shed salary.

You will get Tate for peanuts -- and trust me I am not excited at all by that idea -- while e.g. Slayton would cost you major assets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes