PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

[Old 2020 thread] NFL Free Agency/Trade Rumors:

Status
Not open for further replies.
A large receiver would still be the best TE on this roster by a wide margin.
You obviously haven't watched Kelce block then. He's worse than Izzo who is a mediocre blocker. You want a big receiver, fair enough. he can replace one of the other receivers on the field.

Just hear it from Rob Ninkovich

Rob Ninkovich said:
"I’ve played against Kelce and I’ve thrown him around like he’s a little doll. The guy doesn’t want to block” he explained.So when you’re a tight end and you don’t want to block, you’re not really a tight end. I would take Gronk, and I’m not just being biased because I played with him and I know him, I’m just giving you my honest opinion. If I didn’t know Rob I would take Rob based on the fact that he can block."

Wide margin, my ****ing ass!

They're really having to dig deep on these trade deadline articles now...

The 6-foot-6 Hakeem Butler has transitioned from receiver to tight end and felt like a good fit for the Pats entering the 2019 draft, where they selected a similar player in N'Keal Harry with the 32nd pick. But it may not make sense for the Eagles to ship out one of their younger, developing talents.

Hakeem Butler has played ONE OFFENSIVE SNAP since being cut, clearing waivers, and waiting two weeks before he was even signed to a practice squad.

It might work this year because for all intents and purposes Thuney's contract has essentially been paid already but generally speaking he will be too expensive to be used as center. As it is right now playing on the franchise tag he'd set the market by more than 2M APY and it is not like he will be much cheaper next year.

Right now Andrews gives you 75% of Thuney for about 23% of his pricetag (14.7M vs. 3.4M). Even with new contracts to both next year the value equation will still be significantly on Andrews' side. This is just one of those salary cap motivated trade offs.

75% is a huge difference when it comes to the quality of an O-linemen. You're talking about a player who is ALREADY an All-Pro Guard and would easily be an All-Pro Center if he played there regularly. I feel very confident in saying that with Thuney anchoring the O-line going forward, We'd have a top rushing offense for that entire time. There is no way I can say that about Andrews.

That security is huge when it comes to thinking about the long term of this offense. Particularly with the QB situation no where close to being settled. If the Parcells Giants proved anything it's that a damn good O-line can cover up for a mediocre QB.

I’d just be happy to get away from the Jets..

WOW. If I'm the NFLPA, I'm filing a grievance over that since they could have cost him money and playing time if he got injured in that last game..

Talk about a garbage organization.

Wonder if we could get Crowder from them..

WOW. If I'm the NFLPA, I'm filing a grievance over that since they could have cost him money and playing time if he got injured in that last game..

Talk about a garbage organization.

Wonder if we could get Crowder from them..
Really like the player, but not the salary.

Really like the player, but not the salary.
Yeah.. Definitely would have to restructure. Think he would though..

Didn't realize he was such a shrimp.. (5'8)

Have a good game against the Patriots.. Get Cut anyways..

Patriots have the following players in Covid quarantine to give them workouts:

Definitely would be someone to look at, imho. Would be a good outside addition to Harry.. Shouldn't cost much at all, either.

Have had my eye on a trade for Pettis since last season when he got in Shanahan's dog house. He is a talented receiver who produced when given a shot as a rookie and then fell out of favor.

Good for Tom after the bums he played with last year.

I’d just be happy to get away from the Jets..

If the Jets told me I was traded, I’d be...

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back