PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

[Old 2020 thread] NFL Free Agency/Trade Rumors:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thomas is being held out of practice with a tweaked hamstring
AKA he’s on the move.
My guess is Gilmore and a fourth for Thomas?
Thoughts?
Emotional outbursts?

Why would the saints move MT? He is the best WR in the league when healthy.

In other words, we should bring back Wes Welker? Do not get your point.
You wrote

scout said:
I think Edelmans days are over. Great player yesterday, but, what have you done for me lately?

"Great player yesterday" = a year ago or more?

so

"What have you done for me lately" = This past season.

His days are over, but he just had a career high of 179 yards a few games ago?

You wrote

"Great player yesterday" = a year ago or more?

so

"What have you done for me lately" = This past season.

His days are over, but he just had a career high of 179 yards a few games ago?
Ok, he had 179 against Seattle. A great game.

Yes, that's what he's done lately. You get it? You asked. I responded!:rofl:
I hope that I'm wrong. But I'm seeing a number of balls go off his hands which is a sign.

I hope that I'm wrong. But I'm seeing a number of balls go off his hands which is a sign.
Yeah, I don't know what that means. Welker did a lot of that too. Hopefully his knee gets better down the stretch unless he's playing thru an injury that would require surgery at the end of the season?

Personally I wouldn’t do it if he were healthy.
That’s insane. Ertz is probably the 2nd or 3rd best TE in football. Probably Kittle, Kelce and Ertz. Add in the fact we have the worst TE group in football. It’s would be insanely stupid NOT to make that trade if it was offered. Unless the Pats really think Thuney will re-sign with them after the season. But I don’t see them spending 15+ mill a year on a long term contract for Thuney.

That’s insane. Ertz is probably the 2nd or 3rd best TE in football. Probably Kittle, Kelce and Ertz. Add in the fact we have the worst TE group in football. It’s would be insanely stupid NOT to make that trade if it was offered. Unless the Pats really think Thuney will re-sign with them after the season. But I don’t see them spending 15+ mill a year on a long term contract for Thuney.
Ertz is a receiver. Kelce is a receiver. George Kittle is a tight end.

Now that I've informed you that Ertz and Kelce are receivers, where do you rank them among the receivers?

I look at the O-line as a whole as well.

Wynn, Onwenu, Thuney, Mason, Eleumenor/Herron > Wynn, Thuney, Andrews, Mason, Eluemenor/Herron. Thuney and Onwenu are better players than Andrews. Particularly in the run game.

It might work this year because for all intents and purposes Thuney's contract has essentially been paid already but generally speaking he will be too expensive to be used as center. As it is right now playing on the franchise tag he'd set the market by more than 2M APY and it is not like he will be much cheaper next year.

Right now Andrews gives you 75% of Thuney for about 23% of his pricetag (14.7M vs. 3.4M). Even with new contracts to both next year the value equation will still be significantly on Andrews' side. This is just one of those salary cap motivated trade offs.

Even before the injury, Ertz was on pace for one of the all time least efficient seasons ever by a tight end. Targets have been officially tracked since 1992 and it takes 30 catches in a season (or that pace so far in this partial season) to qualify. No tight end has ever finished a season with a yards per target number as low as Ertz's current 4.0. For comparison, Kittle is at 10.0, Kelce 8.9, and Gronk averaged 9.9 over his NE career.

Ertz isn't worth paying what he's currently making, much less trading for him and/or giving him a big new contract.

To keep in mind the next time an article proposes trading a second round pick for Engram...

Ertz is a receiver. Kelce is a receiver. George Kittle is a tight end.

Now that I've informed you that Ertz and Kelce are receivers, where do you rank them among the receivers?

A large receiver would still be the best TE on this roster by a wide margin.

A large receiver would still be the best TE on this roster by a wide margin.
Harry can't go up and get the ball if no one ever throws one up to him.

One of my all time favorite Patriots but his expiration date has come.
While I think there might be truth is this, I am still a bit hopeful that this decline may be injury related instead of the cliff. We shall see, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back