PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

[Old 2020 thread] NFL Free Agency/Trade Rumors:

Status
Not open for further replies.
And who are they trading for that they will cut before the season is over. And specifically OBJ. Q

Now, you answer how much dead money it will cost if he was cut after the season. If there is guaranteed money, there has to b a dead cap hit. Yes or No? Why would I specifically
mention restructuring if I was t specifically talking about his future years? Answer any of that.

And I don’t see anyone but you having an issue with what I posted. If they do they can speak up. But coming from someone like you who doesn’t even know the salary cap bas already been lowered to 175M for next year, I’m not too worried about your opinion. Shall we go to that other thread for proof of your lack of knowledge?

Anything can happen when a player is traded for. Or signed for that matter. You only have to look at the Antonio Brown situation. He lasted less than 2 weeks and was cut. The fact that you ignored the potential scenario that I previously posted shows that you don't have a clue what you're talking about.

The Salary cap has not officially been lowered to $175M for next season. In theory, it will go no lower than $175M. But Theory and practice are two different things. The league can't make money appear out of thin air.

As for you mentioning restructuring, who knows what you were thinking or even if you were thinking.

You can pathetically attempt to show I don't have a clue, but you've failed to this point. Why would anyone think you could do it in another thread.

Again, you're the one who claimed that Beckham had no guaranteed money left. You just can't admit you were wrong.

The Giants maybe a target to offload one of our RBs with Harris being back soon ?

I could see Burkhead or White being traded. And I would hate to see White go, but with him being a FA, it might happen.

He just signed a 3 year extension I believe.

Its not earth shattering and Browns friendly.

If Hunt is not on the roster the Browns dont pay. Furthermore, Barkleys injury takes a full season to get back to 100% 2021 allows Hunt to be the workhorse while Barkley eases back in game shape.

I could see Burkhead or White being traded. And I would hate to see White go, but with him being a FA, it might happen.
‘Weve traded James to miami. We’re happy for him, seeing hell now be much closer to his mom and family”

Anything can happen when a player is traded for. Or signed for that matter. You only have to look at the Antonio Brown situation. He lasted less than 2 weeks and was cut. The fact that you ignored the potential scenario that I previously posted shows that you don't have a clue what you're talking about.

The Salary cap has not officially been lowered to $175M for next season. In theory, it will go no lower than $175M. But Theory and practice are two different things. The league can't make money appear out of thin air.

As for you mentioning restructuring, who knows what you were thinking or even if you were thinking.

You can pathetically attempt to show I don't have a clue, but you've failed to this point. Why would anyone think you could do it in another thread.

Again, you're the one who claimed that Beckham had no guaranteed money left. You just can't admit you were wrong.

Yet you still won’t answer the only relevant question. How much dead money would the Pats have to eat if he was cut after the season? If he has guaranteed money, there has to be some. So how much? You tried focusing on something that had no relevance to OBJ. You claimed he had 11M in guaranteed money when it actually was his entire salary. Is there any part of this you do understand?

And the floor of 175M doesn’t fit with your 30-80M possibility. They have already agreed with the NFLPA that next year would go no lower. After that is open but next year is set.

I have no idea how Damien Harris looks but he could make any RB except White replaceable. Sony, Burkhead.. open season..

And eventually they will have to create a roster spot for him. They might wait until the BYE but unless someone gets injured some kind of decision is looming.

Yet you still won’t answer the only relevant question. How much dead money would the Pats have to eat if he was cut after the season? If he has guaranteed money, there has to be some.

If he is cut before the third day of the new league year there would be zero dollars in dead money.

If he is cut before the third day of the new league year there would be zero dollars in dead money.
Duuuuude. C’mon man. This was not a test for everyone. LOL

But yes, of course you’re right. Hence, no guaranteed money.

Yet you still won’t answer the only relevant question. How much dead money would the Pats have to eat if he was cut after the season? If he has guaranteed money, there has to be some. So how much? You tried focusing on something that had no relevance to OBJ. You claimed he had 11M in guaranteed money when it actually was his entire salary. Is there any part of this you do understand?

And the floor of 175M doesn’t fit with your 30-80M possibility. They have already agreed with the NFLPA that next year would go no lower. After that is open but next year is set.

Sorry, but your question is as irrelevent as you are because after the season doesn't matter. I focused on the actual RULES of the NFL and it's CBA. Something you clearly don't understand despite your claims to the contrary. Like I said. You've regurgitated what I stated and are acting like YOU are the one who made some brilliant discovery when the opposite is the case. You're the one who claimed that Beckham had no guaranteed money left. I'm the one who questioned it and blew your statement out of the water by looking at the actual contract numbers..

Sorry, but I stated that his CONTRACT had $11.5M in guaranteed money. Clearly it's something you don't understand. Bricks have more reading comprehension than you do.

It wasn't "MY" 30-80M possibility. It's what was reported by guys like Schefter, Reiss, and PatsCap. They know a helluva lot more than you do.

No, SFBs, 2021 is not set. You're a waste of bandwidth.

Duuuuude. C’mon man. This was not a test for everyone. LOL

But yes, of course you’re right. Hence, no guaranteed money.

Come on, SFBs. You stated there was NO guaranteed money. Yet that's false since there IS the possibility of it because of how his contract is worded. And you've been pathetically attempting to play semantics and act all intelligent despite your original claim.

I took a nap today after lunch and had a dream the team traded Gilmore for Julio Jones. Kinda crazy how the mind works because I’ve never thought of the consciously.

I guess I just want to see a trade for a WR

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye