PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

[Old 2020 thread] NFL Free Agency/Trade Rumors:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless I'm misremembering something, I think Gronk was just frustrated he was being blanketed, honestly. Gronk let that frustration show. I don't recall the kid doing anything dirty to Gronk.
That's where guys who have season tickets (don't know if you do specially) have such a great advantage of being able to see this stuff. It's hard to keep track of a matchup like this play in and play out on TV.

That's where guys who have season tickets (don't know if you do specially) have such a great advantage of being able to see this stuff. It's hard to keep track of a matchup like this play in and play out on TV.
I can agree with that. That game, in particular, was played in Orchard Park, though, no?

Gronk was basically fed up with the refs allowing DBs to accost him with no flags, while on the flip side he is getting more offensive pass interference calls on him than any other WR or TE in the league

Gronk get mad, people get hurt

We will see more FA action after Week 1, when veteran salaries are non-guaranteed.

There are some good names there (I like Davis and Nix), but it's a little entertaining that "marquee player" Alec Ogletree is currently on a practice squad, Hakeem Butler can't even get on a practice squad, and "solid developmental project" Jake Kumerow is 28 years old.

Gronk was basically fed up with the refs allowing DBs to accost him with no flags, while on the flip side he is getting more offensive pass interference calls on him than any other WR or TE in the league

Gronk get mad, people get hurt

So he jumped shoulder first into a DB that was in the floor ? I love Gronk but he completely lost it in that moment and could have significantly injured White. It was a pretty ugly scene and he got away easy from whats should have been a 2 game suspension.

So he jumped shoulder first into a DB that was in the floor ? I love Gronk but he completely lost it in that moment and could have significantly injured White. It was a pretty ugly scene and he got away easy from whats should have been a 2 game suspension.

oh i agree, i was more supporting what someone else had said that T. White didn't do anything to Gronk personally to warrant that kind of reaction, Gronk's anger was more at the refs and the fact that White was getting away with a lot of contact

I think it was a terrible decision by Gronk to do what he did, a rare moment where he lost control and cost the team.. and i agree, he should have been suspended for that hit for sure, he gave him a concussion which is a serious injury

but still... Gronk mad, Gronk smash

Honestly this was borderline a suspension.
First-time offense like that...was attacked throughout the game by White & others, so there were clearly mitigating circumstances...NFW he deserved a suspension for that...Feck Tredavious White, and Feck the Barfalo Billiards.

First-time offense like that...was attacked throughout the game by White & others, so there were clearly mitigating circumstances...NFW he deserved a suspension for that...Feck Tredavious White, and Feck the Barfalo Billiards.
Ya I think the first time offense made a big difference.

Why don't the refs carry any of the blame? The NFL crews have turned the end of the 4th quarter into NBA games. Noticed it last year. Noticed it Thursday with a few of the flags (both ways, make sure the possession gets extended, flurry of points). Refs shouldn't be influencing games the way they do. It's ruined games repeatedly the last few years. Go ask NO.

Uh, Bill..

Yeah the guys on CSNPhilthy's post-game show were discussing this as well; and while losses like yesterday's doesn't help, they still believe that an extension will eventually get done, FWIW...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back