PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

[Old 2020 thread] NFL Free Agency/Trade Rumors:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clowney, Ogletree, Bradham, Burfict and few others, Cameron Wake, Terrell Suggs and Lorenzo Alexander are unfortunately on the wrong side of the 30...

I feel like this summer (and really up until the trade deadline) might be the time to look into trades for veterans who might end up cut when the cap crunch happens next offseason. I would assume those trades might be cheaper than usual since teams will need to get their finances in order. The additional amount of cap space we have would also be beneficial.

Don't think we will be exclusively bargain shopping this time around.

Clowney, Ogletree, Bradham, Burfict and few others, Cameron Wake, Terrell Suggs and Lorenzo Alexander are unfortunately on the wrong side of the 30...

Wouldn't touch Burfict. And I don't see Clowney being a fit..

Wake is more of an Edge guy than a LB.

I really hope this works out for him as another concussion could have some serious long term implications for the guy (not that the other's haven't)

Avery Williamson
Clay Matthews
Preston Brown
Paul Worrilow
Zach Brown
Stephone Anthony (wth happened to him?)

Neither has Brady or Gronkowski.
While I understand and agree with the theme you are presenting, I would argue Gronk was great in 2018. He wasn’t the pass catcher he’d been the rest of his career, but his blocking and key plays were instrumental in the championship.

If players opt out, does that "free up" the cap space their contract commanded for this year?

Jete release Quincy Enunwa...

edit: NVM, he's out for the 2020 season

Jete release Quincy Enunwa...

edit: NVM, he's out for the 2020 season

Think that might be it for him. Second season in a row that gets wrecked by the same neck injury. That being said at least it was at the ideal time after he signed a relatively big deal last year so he should be pretty comfortable down the line.

While I understand and agree with the theme you are presenting, I would argue Gronk was great in 2018. He wasn’t the pass catcher he’d been the rest of his career, but his blocking and key plays were instrumental in the championship.
And Brady's key throws were instrumental in the championship.

Avery Williamson
Clay Matthews
Preston Brown
Paul Worrilow
Zach Brown
I think Clay Matthews would be a good signing. He still has a lot to offer, and would be a great teacher for guys like Uche, Jennings and Winovich.

Avery Williamson
Clay Matthews
Preston Brown
Paul Worrilow
Zach Brown

Zack Brown would be a nice addition.. both short term and long term..

Wow..DE Ziggy Ansah as well

Last edited:
In 2018 Tom Brady had a higher comp%, more yards, more yards/attempt, and high qbrating compared to 2014.

Tells you all you need to know about looking only at stats without added context.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes