PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

[Old 2020 thread] NFL Free Agency/Trade Rumors:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course, but that wasn’t my point. I was saying McCoy only needs to catch passes out of the backfield & run sparingly between the tackles. He can still be effective on sweeps, screens & anything in space. Notice I said “James White type” not be James White.

But McCoy is not even half the blocker that White is. I think that is a huge deal on a Brady led offense.

Was McCoy even a small factor in KC?

But McCoy is not even half the blocker that White is. I think that is a huge deal on a Brady led offense.
I agree; however, he may not have to block long, if at all. Brady may be able to get the ball out to his usual standard due to his receiving threats.

Shame he got injured while here. Wish him the best.

Of course, but that wasn’t my point. I was saying McCoy only needs to catch passes out of the backfield & run sparingly between the tackles. He can still be effective on sweeps, screens & anything in space (there will be plenty of space due to the abundance of weaponry TB has). Notice I said “James White type” not be James White.
The point isn’t that he can’t handle a heavy load the point is that he is cooked and not any good any more.

The point isn’t that he can’t handle a heavy load the point is that he is cooked and not any good any more.
He doesn’t have to handle a heavy load...read.

He doesn’t have to handle a heavy load...read.
I read. It’s not a matter of handling a load it’s a matter of being washed up and not any good any more.

I'd love to see the Pats reach out to Markus Golden. I think he'd be an excellent addition to the defense especially with Bentley being the most experienced back there.

Sign somebody already! They need a run stuffing NT and there's a good one sitting out there. Stop ignoring it Billy.

Sign somebody already! They need a run stuffing NT and there's a good one sitting out there. Stop ignoring it Billy.
Who is a good one sitting out there?

Who is a good one sitting out there?
Mack for about a minute. Before Detroit grabbed him of waivers I believe. He's intriguing.

I agree; however, he may not have to block long, if at all. Brady may be able to get the ball out to his usual standard due to his receiving threats.
I think that Tampa offense will be a vertical one, not the one we have seen here. They have WRs that stretch the field. TB is going to need some time and if his RBs cant pick up a blitz, then they wont see the field.

I think that Tampa offense will be a vertical one, not the one we have seen here. They have WRs that stretch the field. TB is going to need some time and if his RBs cant pick up a blitz, then they wont see the field.
I totally agree with that, but I was trying to emphasize that due to his weapons being so elite/dominant, there will be less stress on the RB to actually have to block long. Think about Evans, Godwin, Gronk, Brate/Howard on the field together (obviously this won’t be the case every play). You know how much stress that is for a secondary/LBs to cover?.. on top of the fact that someone, if not multiple players will HAVE to be double teamed. This will leave someone open most of the time. THEN, think about Brady being a savant at the LOS, making sure that each play runs as efficient/proficient as possible, getting the ball out quickly etc...THEN think about the chemistry/comfort Brady has with Gronk (and should develop in time with other players) to be able to KNOW where he will be and get it out quickly. He will be the third down back, so when the WRs/TEs are covered, (like that’s gonna happen too often lol) Brady can dump it off to McCoy. He can still move in space catching passes out the backfield. Nobody said he would be the workhorse of his BUF days. That’s utter nonsense. That’s all I was trying to say. Lastly, I believe Arians will modify the offense to fit Brady’s strengths. He is the GOAT & has waaayyy more reverence & command than Winston did/does. Arians is a tough cookie, but he’ll humble himself to the likes of QBs such as Brady, Manning, Rodgers, Brees, Mahomes etc...They’re gonna run whatever offense Brady wants to run. We shall see..

Last edited:
I wouldn't be surprised if the Patriots signed Walker and a LB. Especially with Bentley being our most senior LB currently.

That being said, I'm not sure what is available at LB...

I wouldn't be surprised if the Patriots signed Walker and a LB. Especially with Bentley being our most senior LB currently.

That being said, I'm not sure what is available at LB...

Clowney, Ogletree, Bradham, Burfict and few others, Cameron Wake, Terrell Suggs and Lorenzo Alexander are unfortunately on the wrong side of the 30...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes