PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

[Old 2020 thread] NFL Free Agency/Trade Rumors:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, O-Line is a position at which a talented rookie can step in and be solid. And he'll likely be playing R tackle. Their L tackle is OK.
Their interior is pretty solid. Wirfs is really good so with good coaching, help from his OL he should be fine.

Interesting that Everson Griffen is still available...

Matt Light started his rookie season here.
I'm surprised no one picked up EG but his issues seem to consistently come up. Few off the field stuff. Social media nonsense I believe.

Oh, good. One example. :thumbsup:
Joe Thomas, Jake Long, Tyron Smith, and Jack Conklin are a few tackles drafted high who played well right out of the gate.

Joe Thomas, Jake Long, Tyron Smith, and Jack Conklin are a few tackles drafted high who played well right out of the gate.
Bakhtari is one that sticks out.

Depending on the school/competition I think CB/DB, WR, QB are the hardest to make a smooth transition from.

Depending on the school/competition I think CB/DB, WR, QB are the hardest to make a smooth transition from.
What do you think regarding TEs transitioning to the NFL from the collegiate level?

I'm surprised no one picked up EG but his issues seem to consistently come up. Few off the field stuff. Social media nonsense I believe.
Maybe teams are concerned that he might retire/walk away/take time off again...

I think you are underselling the jump it takes for LBs.

It's a shop. Someone pointed out the sloppy work within the first few replies to the tweet:

Yeah, I saw that but wasn’t sure if the alleged “shop” was accurate or not. Thanks.

Not even sure he'd make it through camp. His only successful season was 4 years ago.

I agree.. He intrigued 3 years ago.. But the Pats need DE/OLB types currently more than another WR IMHO..

Oh, good. One example. :thumbsup:
There are oodles of top ranked tackles who started their rookie seasons. Joe Thomas and Joe Staley are two others.

There are oodles of top ranked tackles who started their rookie seasons. Joe Thomas and Joe Staley are two others.

“Started.” It took both players time to develop. The same is true of Matt Light and every other player mentioned.

ON1hKmB.jpg

What do you think regarding TEs transitioning to the NFL from the collegiate level?
Sorry been at a party ...

Hmm this is an interesting one. It's a tough eval bc of the lack of opportunities they see. I think like every other position you have certain coaches/teams you want to or don't want to land on.

What really makes it tough is you're part of so many different groups. You're running routes, blocking inline-detached, shifting/moving ...

You have guys like Kittle who just needed reps and targets, opportunity. Guys like Goedert who just continued to be a player.

I think that's the big thing. Multiple duties, lots of thinking in different roles.

I think you are underselling the jump it takes for LBs.
Idk, I didn't mention them and QB-CB-WR are almost universally considered the toughest?

It's definitely up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots