PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

[Old 2020 thread] NFL Free Agency/Trade Rumors:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Problem hets to be Njoku will only be a year rental. Too much to give up.
DW Toys

We only have Thuney under contract for this season, though, so I don't see much of a problem with picking up a 2nd for swapping rentals.

Not that I think the Browns would actually agree to anything close to that trade...

How on earth are like 20 dime a dozen edge rushers making more than $17M per year? I bet Tre’Davious White doesn’t even get that much even though he’s a rare shutdown CB that changes every play.
I blame Matt Patricia/Bob Quinn for overpaying for Flowers. He's a solid-serviceable pass rusher, but shouldn't have been anywhere near the highest paid DE in the league at that time. I've made it well known on this board how much I despise Trey Flowers making what he did on the open market and how overrated he was with the Pats.

Arik Armstead could be the next in line of overpaid. The guy has been dogs*** in SF until his contract year when he had teams paying all their attention to Bosa, Ford and Buckner. Now he lost one of his interior buddies in Buckner.

Last edited:
...I've made it well known on this board how much I despise Trey Flowers making what he did on the open market and how overrated he was with the Pats...
Flowers might've been over-paid, but I don't believe he was over-rated here...He was our best DE from 2016-18, there's really no debating that...

Flowers might've been over-paid, but I don't believe he was over-rated here...He was our best DE from 2016-18, there's really no debating that...
There's no question he was the best DE on the team, but it really wasn't saying much.

In his last year with NE, he led the league in "unblocked pressures", yet could only manage 6-7 sacks? He was getting free more by scheme than his ability.

I blame Matt Patricia/Bob Quinn for overpaying for Flowers. He's a solid-serviceable pass rusher, but shouldn't have been anywhere near the highest paid DE in the league at that time. I've made it well known on this board how much I despise Trey Flowers making what he did on the open market and how overrated he was with the Pats.

Arik Armstead could be the next in line of overpaid. The guy has been dogs*** in SF until his contract year when he had teams paying all their attention to Bosa, Ford and Buckner. Now he lost one of his interior buddies in Buckner.
It's not Flowers fault the Lions overpayed. I hated to see him leave. He wasn't great but he played the position the way the Pats wanted it played, run or pass. He made big plays at the biggest times. One of my favorite Patriots, unassuming, did his job.

It's not Flowers fault the Lions overpayed. I hated to see him leave. He wasn't great but he played the position the way the Pats wanted it played, run or pass. He made big plays at the biggest times. One of my favorite Patriots, unassuming, did his job.

there are guys in this draft that can do what flowers did. They just need a year or two to develop.

There's no question he was the best DE on the team, but it really wasn't saying much.

In his last year with NE, he led the league in "unblocked pressures", yet could only manage 6-7 sacks? He was getting free more by scheme than his ability.

I thought we were well past the myth of sacks being the only way to measure edge production.

I thought we were well past the myth of sacks being the only way to measure edge production.
If you’re referring to ”pressures”, they are subjective. Also known as “I almost sacked him” stat.

Seals-Jones would have been the perfect low cost signing at a position of a need. Still young and more talented than Lacrosse, or whatever his name is.

Seals-Jones would have been the perfect low cost signing at a position of a need. Still young and more talented than Lacrosse, or whatever his name is.

Yet the "Genius" had enough scratch to sign Copeland & Fat Thor? Disgraceful...

The chiefs will reap these benefits for a long time having people wanting to play with Mahommes

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes