SOURCE:WEEI

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: Panthers
Thu
Aug 22nd
Right Now At PatsFans.com:
Pats Best Rookie?
Chase Winovich is off to a terrific start here in preseason and looks to have a bright future ahead of him.

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

NFL.Com: Brady no longer a superstar

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by TommyBrady12, Jul 13, 2019.

1. robertweathers

robertweathers PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +68,869
    These f-ing people have nothing else to write about and are uninformed. They do not watch every throw or every game. They look at some numbers and look at a few games and refuse to apply context and historical reference to the here and now.

Once they complete their "analysis" they curb it to be critical so to get clicks.

Any astute observer of TB12's performance last year will say it was not "less than". He certainly had some games and throws that were not up to his standard. He also had some personnel issues at WR and some injury issues at TE and RB which would have any QB at slight disadvantage. When you factor all that in he had a very, very good year.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Thank You Thank You x 1
  2. One-Be-Lo

One-Be-Lo PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +4,799
    Eh I doubt it, considering that Harry is a YAC receiver and the RB corp should be one of the most dynamic and capable in the league.. personally I am very excited for the potential of this offense.

3. 1960Pats

1960Pats PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10,845
    Tom has aged well. So has Gisele.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. maust1013

maust1013 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +11,211
    True that.
    Brady has done so much for so long that the expectation has become he not only can but consistently should make chicken salad out of chicken bleep. And on those rare occasions when he can't we get...'cliff' BS.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +9,167
    With you on the general idea, but the woulda-shoulda-coulda erased interception stat-fudge is too much. Lots of interception totals include "not his fault" interceptions. It is what it is, I hate to be so unoriginal as to say. He's the great one, he's still at the top of his game, and like every player every play, each one can be the beginning of the end (it's just been the case for such a long time!)

Here's hoping that after he is done earning his rings, the rest of the team drags him over the finish line twice like Elway just to make it an even 10. :D

6. Wozzy

Wozzy On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +387
    Minus the interceptions that should have been catches, last season was one of Tom most efficient seasons throwing the ball. Can I prove he would have been better had his receivers had not dropped so many in this fictional scenario... no.

If Tom comes out this season, a year older, and has an amazing season in relation to last year then I've proven my point. I believe with this collection of WR's, health provided, he will.

• Like Like x 1
  7. TruthSeeker

TruthSeeker PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +717
    I listen to the "Around the NFL" podcast (as one of my 5 or 6 NFL podcasts) all the time and generally find it informative and entertaining. Dan Hanzus is the host and an avid Jets (and Yankees) fan. (The other 3 regulars are a Patriots fan, a Cleveland Browns fan and a former Cincinnati Bengals fan who no longer has a team he passionately roots for.)

Dan has a tendency to get disturbed when the Patriots do well and *very* disturbed when they do very well, particularly if there is some luck involved. He tries (at times) to hold back his bias but it often comes to the forefront (he used to call the Patriots the "throne of ease" due to their championships but now more commonly refers to them as the "throne of sleaze"). He was very depressed after the Patriots won their most recent Super Bowl; I'm surprised he made it through that podcast.

These rankings were predictions for the upcoming 2019 season. In Dan's defense, Brady has tailed off a bit in December each of the past few seasons. Also, most NFL experts had Brady's 2018 regular season performance ranked somewhere between 8 - 14 out of the 32 QBs and my own personal ranking of Brady was in that range. It was disappointing.

That being said (as has been noted earlier in this thread), there were reasons apart from possible slippage due to age for his less than stellar performance. Brady continues to shine the brightest at the most critical times. Brady's demise has been predicted (and declared) by many for 5+ years now and they've been wrong every year.

Bottom line: this is mostly wishful thinking from a jaded Jets fan who struggles to see Brady's success year after year and desperately yearns for Patriots failure and Jets success. I will say that Dan's superstar club decision didn't get much support on the podcast - but didn't really receive much criticism either from the usually talkative group. He expressed some surprise a week later at the firestorm his off-the-wall superstar club judgments had elicited which hasn't seemed to have had any impact on his ability to think more clearly about either Tom Brady or the Patriots.

8. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +7,796
    Without Bernard Pollard Brady might have seven or eight rings by now, so do us a favor Bernie and just STFU.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +6,246
    We should thank these guys for the bulletin board material, im's sure TB will do his up-most to prove them wrong.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Bcc66duece

Bcc66duece Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +168
    There isn't any probably about it, Brees couldn't throw the ball farther then 10 yards at the end of last year.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. mosslost

mosslost Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +5,961
    taking anyone of those QBs over Brady even in 2019 is simply crazy.

For some of them listed, I am actually shocked they would even consider them in Brady's realm at any level. Brees is really the only one in the list than even be discussed as being as "good as Brady" in 2019, and he is a stretch.

It is just dumb.

12. Clonamery

Clonamery PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +11,966
    There. The illiterate's version.