PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL.com Article: Why fans should keep wanting the Pats in the SB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unpopular Opinions: Patriots in Super Bowl LIII? Yes, please!!

He’s right. We always produce instant classic games year after year when we’re in it. (Unlike the Forehead and his lackluster SB’s)

been like that for years...Just think, if we were better "cheaters", we'd never lose.

Patsnoia has no cure, and NE will right back in the thick of it next year. In fact, all this talk about how NE is done, will only be used against the opponent heading into next year.

Nothing Pats fans haven't said many times. Every football fan not in an AFC team's city should want to see them there. Even the fans of those 15 teams should learn to appreciate it because like it or not odds are good it's what they're likely to get.

I would argue a cowboys- raiders sb would get high ratings

Throw Pittsburgh in there as well

GB too

They also get the demographic of the haters, so it works quite well. Where it doesn't work is the owners' desires to expand internationally.

Hard to use parity as a truth and selling point to suspicious London investors, especially with tanking ratings mainly due to Goodell's cheating and constant rule changes as a way to cheat.

Last edited:
It is inevitable anyways, why fight it! :D

I've done the Nicholson "You want me on that wall. You NEED me on that wall!" spiel to the haters and they usually agree. Pats in the SB gives many an emotional investment in the game, kind of how I was revelling in 43-8 a few years back.

Regards,
Chris

Patriots vs. Packers/Cowboys would be a ratings explosion.

Another one that’d be insane, although it’s a stretch to happen next year...

Patriots 49ers. :eek:

Serious question: how is it the Cowboys are able to remain popular and have a huge fan base after all of these years and disappointing seasons?

Fans just like to see Jerry lose :p

Serious question: how is it the Cowboys are able to remain popular and have a huge fan base after all of these years and disappointing seasons?
Do they? I know I no longer care much about them. But the answer is probably that no team in the NFC has stepped up to replace them

Football culture at all levels in the region the Cowboys are located in as well as the huge markets in general in the division help.

Nah, I’d be pretty content with a Titans-Browns SB.

Nah, I’d be pretty content with a Titans-Browns SB.

What would be great is a Browns/Lions SB, if both of those teams can be good someday. Play it outside in the elements, too.

The fact both of those teams are like cornerstone franchises, having not even really sniffed a SB, save for Cleveland's heartbreaking '86 and '87 runs, where they should have won both, it's pretty cruel what those owners have done to those fanbases.

Good question. Football is religion in TX and, until very recently, the Houston teams have not been consistent competition. So, I guess that's part of it.

If I had to bet, I'd bet that it's an older fan base, harking back to the dominant Landry/Staubach teams decades ago and, more recently, but still 25 years ago, the Aikman/Johnson teams.

Also, being in the NFC East, they are exposed to a huge media market from Connecticut to Maryland and Virginia. They seem to generate "star power" at QB, even if they don't deliver championships. Romo. Now Prescott.

Otherwise, I think that a lot of people "love to hate" the Cowboys, which drives up ratings, much as the Pats get big ratings from fans who want to see them lose.

As a kid who grew up in the 80’s with blowouts every year in the Super Bowl you would think people would be a little more grateful for the heart pounding suspense that the Patriots bring to the game every time they participate.

Damn ungrateful millennials.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back