PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

New York Media has lost its mind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trot

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Mark Canizzaro over at the New York Post is out of his f*ng mind; next we'll see him on the shoulders of that "Fireman" doing the J-E-T-S chant.

Totally delusional.

-----------------

UPSET? GILETTE IT BE (ed. note. get it?)

COACHING
Hard to argue Bill Belichick's success in New England. He remains one of the game's most brilliant tacticians. Eric Mangini, though, knows Belichick about as well as anyone, having worked for him for 10 years. Mangini appears not only to be a terrific Xs and Os coach, but possibly a better motivator than Belichick. This will be a great duel of strong minds.

Edge: Even

http://www.nypost.com/seven/0107200...illette_it_be_jets_mark_cannizzaro.htm?page=2

Last edited:
LOL!!! Wow.

Theres' a lot of that going on today.:rolleyes:

I think it's possible that Mangini is as good as BB. Certainly both are pretty intellectual and Mangini I think has the edge in being able to motivate players a la Parcells.... We'll know for sure after today -- if the Jets win, then Mangini is BB's equal for sure. But coaching isn't just about the head coach and I think the Pats generally have a better and deeper coaching staff than the Jets.

consider the source. then ignore

Well then that make both of them not as good as Tony Dungy, remember one NE reporters point of view.

This got my attention too.

OFFENSIVE LINE VS. DEFENSIVE LINE

When Jets have the ball: Rookie C Nick Mangold anchors the line and has had a strong season. RG Pete Kendall and LG Brandon Moore are both strong run-blockers, and rookie LT D'Brickashaw Ferguson has had a good year pass-blocking. Pennington has been sacked 30 times and the Jets average 3.5-yards per carry, which is a little low. The Patriots are strong up front Ty Warren (71/2 sacks) and Richard Seymour (51 tackles, 4 sacks, 8 batted passes). But Vince Wilfork has been hobbled with an ankle injury.

Edge: Jets

I think it's possible that Mangini is as good as BB. Certainly both are pretty intellectual and Mangini I think has the edge in being able to motivate players a la Parcells.... We'll know for sure after today -- if the Jets win, then Mangini is BB's equal for sure. But coaching isn't just about the head coach and I think the Pats generally have a better and deeper coaching staff than the Jets.

If Mangini wins today he is BBs equal? Are you on dope? How about when Mangini gets three Superbowl rings and has his team called a dynasty, then he has a chance ant being BBs equal.

It the Pats have a deeper coaching staff, whos fault is is that? Wake up, it's Mangini's. Duh.

Really?
BB: 30+ years in the NFL. 5 Super Bowl Rings as a Head Coach or a Coordinator. 11-2 in the Playoffs. Widely recognized as the best Defensive mind in the history of the NFL. Hall of Fame lock.

EM: 10? years in the NFL. 0 Super Bowl Rings as a HC or Coordinator. 0-0 in the Playoffs. One year at 10-6 with a team that underachieved because of the worst HC currently coaching today (Edwards) and therefore he is anointed a "genius"?

Equal??? More like a product of the NY media, who will SHRED him next year if the Jets fall back to earth and go 8-8 or worse. As far as a win today making him "BB's equal for sure", that has to be one of the most simplistic statements I have ever heard.

Last edited:
Mangini - Belichick is irrelevant; Pats have a better defense and more depth

Same guy who implored the Yankee pitchers to go headhunting on Ortiz last year.

He's schmutz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing