PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

New Monday night announcers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

donna_harris

Rookie
Reaction score
Anyone know if ESPN will be canning Tweedle Dum, Tweedel Dumber, and Tweedle Dumbest from the announcing booth? Listening to those guys are worse that a 3 yr old yelling continuously for 3 hours or having your nails buffed with a sandblaster.

I was hoping with ESPN & MNF switching days, that maybe they would scrap the announcers as well.

I was under the impression that ESPN will have Al Michaels and Joe Theisman on MNF. And Madden will be doing Sunday nights on NBC. Hopefully that means McGuire is out of a job.

bucky said:
I was under the impression that ESPN will have Al Michaels and Joe Theisman on MNF. And Madden will be doing Sunday nights on NBC. Hopefully that means McGuire is out of a job.
As much as I dont like McGuire, I cant stand Theisman. Bring in Berman on MNF for color! He's entertaining as hell. Theisman is like watching paint dry.

shirtsleeve said:
As much as I dont like McGuire, I cant stand Theisman. Bring in Berman on MNF for color! He's entertaining as hell. Theisman is like watching paint dry.

We would either mute the game, or just not watch it all together. How ESPN could keep those clowns on was beyond me. I wonder what led ESPN to keep them. ESPN could claim high ratings but anyone can have high ratings when there is no other game to watch!

what i like a lot from espn when i see the sunday night is...the music...
Ac/dc when they show the defenses and i like a lot the music before the advertising

donna_harris said:
Anyone know if ESPN will be canning Tweedle Dum, Tweedel Dumber, and Tweedle Dumbest from the announcing booth? Listening to those guys are worse that a 3 yr old yelling continuously for 3 hours or having your nails buffed with a sandblaster.

I was hoping with ESPN & MNF switching days, that maybe they would scrap the announcers as well.

I like Madden. he always makes me laugh out loud at some point. like during a Jets game when he said, "At some point [the Jets] have to say baby steps. And lets have a possession that ends in a punt." :)

Michael said:
I like Madden. he always makes me laugh out loud at some point. like during a Jets game when he said, "At some point [the Jets] have to say baby steps. And lets have a possession that ends in a punt." :)

I also like to listen to Madden. He is so smart.

"Alright, the way you win a football game is...to score more points...BOOM -- then the other team. That is how you win the game. You need tough acting Tinactin. Now where is my turduckin at? I'm hungry after all that."

Ya

I believe it's michaels/ theisman for ESPN and Gifford/Madden for NBC! I for one wish they could find a way to get theisman out of there--he's just terrible!

mtbykr said:
I believe it's michaels/ theisman for ESPN and Gifford/Madden for NBC! I for one wish they could find a way to get theisman out of there--he's just terrible!

I want Michaels/Gifford back. that was fantastic. heck, I'd take Michaels/BB over Madden or Theisman. Imagine BB as an announcer...A player snaps his leg in half on camera and BB's comment is "He's got a lower body injury there, they'll evaluate it and see where he is at next week" And after a bad play it would be the old.."that's not what they're looking for there" and "it is what it is"

mtbykr said:

Michaels and Theisman, that's like Pavarotti and Ashley Simpson.

I heard McGuire Will now be part of the PreGame show

shirtsleeve said:
you have got to be kidding me .berman is pathetic .hes all shstick. hes by far the worst announcer in any sport in the histiory of sports with his back back back and his he could go all the way **** give me a break sombody shoot me please .

It will be:

NBC pre-game: Costas/Collinsworth
NBC game: TBA/Madden
MNF: Michaels/Theismann

Patrick and Maguire will be doing college games. Berman's show is toast.

JPK

Anybody but Patrick and Maguire, holy **** those guys are bad!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back