Sun
Oct 25th

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
(Moving this to the tutorial thread)

At the bottom of the page, you'll see a notification to allow Push notifications. This new feature works primarily in your browser, allowing you to get notified if someone replies, drops a rating, etc.

The way it works is this: If you're in a thread discussing something and open up a tab in another window to read something (leaving the board open in another tab), if someone replies, rates a post, sends you a PM, etc., you'll get a little notification that will pop up to let you know. It's strictly a board user notification, it's not related to anything else (it's not connected to the normal site content) so obviously there's no spam, etc. It's also just on your desktop for now, not on mobile at this time:

Notification_Screenshot.jpg

So feel free to try it out. If you don't like it, you can simply disable them but obviously feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

sb1

Pro Bowl Player
Oh cool - I just noticed the blank topic text box where you can post a new thread without having to actually click a button to start a new post. Nice!

Reactions: Ian

sb1

Pro Bowl Player
Really like the reply feature too with the auto-quote. Much better than having to "Quote" first like on the old board.

venecol

The FRG has a little ****
Time to Go Over Some of the New Board Features:

1) Quick New Thread:
There's now a much faster way to post, with the new version of the software now including a window at the top of the forum to quickly post a new thread:
View attachment 28379

As soon as you click into the text window, it expands automatically with essentially the same functionality you would have posting normally:

View attachment 28380

This should make it a little quicker for people to add new threads, especially on mobile.

2) Pinning/Bookmarking Your Own Posts - From time to time we get cool threads that pop up on here that users as the mods to sticky, etc. While we enjoy doing so, the tough part is, the top of the board can become crowded and eventually, those posts actually end up getting lost and don't get the attention they deserve.

As a result, there are a couple of cool features now available, with one being built-in, the other being something I added separately.

BOOKMARKING POSTS:
That icon is found in the upper right hand corner, just to the left of the post number here:

View attachment 28371

After you've bookmarked it, you can view it by clicking on your name in the top right and then clicking "Bookmarks" on the pop up window:
View attachment 28372

PINNING POSTS:

You can also pin up to six posts, which will appear on your sidebar after you've added one for the first time. That selection box is located at the bottom of each post on the lower right hand side, just to the right of the "Reply" button:

View attachment 28373

After you selected it, it will show it's been "Pinned" and will appear on your sidebar on the next page refresh:

View attachment 28374
To remove a pinned item, just hit the "Unpin" button. Remember, you can only pin up to 6. After that, the checkboxes will disappear and prevent you from being able to pin any additional threads until you remove one.
Tried pinning two posts and can't see anything on sidebar.

Tony2046

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Hi Ian,

What happened to the old search function?

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Hi Ian,

What happened to the old search function?
I'm going to try and merge some of the functionality from that in the main one, but it's a little trickier than I expected so I put it there for now to at least have it available.

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
are private messages gone now?
No, top right, just to the left of the alerts on the navbar. Click on the icon. Although, someone else pointed out that when they're zero'd out (ie: they've all been viewed) the icon stays dim and doesn't flip to light gray like the alert icon. I'm working on fixing that.

bbobbo

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
No, top right, just to the left of the alerts on the navbar. Click on the icon. Although, someone else pointed out that when they're zero'd out (ie: they've all been viewed) the icon stays dim and doesn't flip to light gray like the alert icon. I'm working on fixing that.
great, thanks! pretty obvious now that i see it.

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
great, thanks! pretty obvious now that i see it.
No, you were right, it was a bug. I looked into it and I finally fixed it so that it's visible and not faded when it's at zero. Did that earlier in the week and appreciate you pointing it out :)