Next Up: at Jets
Pick Results: NE: 99.1% at NYJ: 0.9%

Sun
Sep 19th

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

Deus Irae

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
PatsFans.com Supporter
Following back up on this - as I mentioned above, it's now hidden on the thread view page, which should smooth things out a bit when people are reading threads.

That requires you to go into a thread in order to use a function designed to avoid going into a thread in an area other than the new posts. Meanwhile, just clicking on the thread link brings you somewhere near that new post most of the time (but not always), and not to the first post of the thread. I'm still trying to understand that combination.

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
ADMINISTRATOR
I don't see the twitter feed. Am I missing something?
If you're on a desktop, it's there. On lower resolutions all the way down to mobile, I'm adding it back in with a slideout bar with the feed.

Sfpat

In the Starting Line-Up
If you're on a desktop, it's there. On lower resolutions all the way down to mobile, I'm adding it back in with a slideout bar with the feed.
I'm on a laptop. Previously was on the right side but now nothing.

Bill Lee

What, me worry?
Have been using the site a lot on cut-down day today. A lot of things seem to be smoother. Am wondering if there is a "take me to my next unread post be it on this page or the next" button or keystroke? I think that would cut down on a lot of hitting the refresh button so take a lot of load off the servers.

Ian

Administrator
ADMINISTRATOR
That requires you to go into a thread in order to use a function designed to avoid going into a thread in an area other than the new posts. Meanwhile, just clicking on the thread link brings you somewhere near that new post most of the time (but not always), and not to the first post of the thread. I'm still trying to understand that combination.
I was talking about the content box. As for the thread link, it's supposed to be taking you to whatever your last unread post is. I'm doing some digging on that to get a better feel for how it functions to try and understand it a little better.

Deus Irae

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
PatsFans.com Supporter
I was talking about the content box. As for the thread link, it's supposed to be taking you to whatever your last unread post is. I'm doing some digging on that to get a better feel for how it functions to try and understand it a little better.

Wires crossed. Without checking, it's almost certainly my mistake given the week I've had, so my apologies for wasting your time on it.

BelichickFan

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
I hate to say this as you put so much work in but this is catastrophically bad.

I wish there was a "Turn off the crap" Option which would remove: The Links at the top, the pinned forums, the twitter stuff on the right. This is all bad on the desktop site but absolutely unusable on my phone.

And the "Ignore Thread" needs to come back and be easy to use. So many garbage threads that need to go.

I know this will seem incredibly rude and I apologize for that. But I just want to be able to have the threads and the Ignore feature and to be able to turn everything else off.

Reactions: Ian

Ian

Administrator
ADMINISTRATOR
I hate to say this as you put so much work in but this is catastrophically bad.

I wish there was a "Turn off the crap" Option which would remove: The Links at the top, the pinned forums, the twitter stuff on the right. This is all bad on the desktop site but absolutely unusable on my phone.

And the "Ignore Thread" needs to come back and be easy to use. So many garbage threads that need to go.

I know this will seem incredibly rude and I apologize for that. But I just want to be able to have the threads and the Ignore feature and to be able to turn everything else off.
I have some things I'm working on to address each of these, so this remains a little fluid as I continue looking at some options.

The ignore thread option was an add-on that's not supported on this version of the software and a couple I've seen didn't address some of the previous things we've discussed, so I'm looking at coding one out that works exactly how people have requested.

Nonentity

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Hi Ian, were you planning to give us options on the background? It's very.... blue.

Am viewing the forum on a laptop with 1920x1080 resolution, and it's a bit overwhelming.

Thanks in advance, and keep up the great work!

FortressX

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Ian, I know you are busy, but it is time for the Weekly Picks thread if you are doing that this year.

Ian

Administrator
ADMINISTRATOR
Ian, I know you are busy, but it is time for the Weekly Picks thread if you are doing that this year.
Yes, that will switch over on Tuesdays like we did last year and I was actually already working on that as we speak :)