Pick Results: NE: 99.1% at NYJ: 0.9%

Sun
Sep 19th

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

Ian

Administrator
ADMINISTRATOR
I am not seeing this still.

Has it been done or are you still working on it ?
Not yet. Got home late last night and fixed some internal stuff and didn't get around to it.

If you open the slideout menu, there is a thread search link I added for advanced thread searches (bottom of the "Forums" category):

1599143011057.png

The quick forum/news/site search will be back hopefully this evening.

captain stone

Hall of Fame Poster
Sorry for bing a pain in the ass about this...but...We still could use Disagree (Dislike is sometimes not the same, and in some cases is too harsh), Useful/Interesting, and Surprised emojis...I miss them...

Reactions: Ian

Ian

Administrator
ADMINISTRATOR
Gotta ask...

While using my IPhone to access the main forum on your site, Patriots Fan Forum, why do you require your members to scroll past
-The Latest Patriots News
-Links to other football forums
-More Pinned Posts

...in order to finally arrive at the fan forum?

I would sort of understand if these space fillers were advertisements in order to pay the bills, but they are not..... just impediments that force members to perform tedious scrolling.

The previous version was set up the same way. The latest news box was at the top, followed by the additional forums. The previous board then had the area where threads were pinned, before the latest posts below that.

On this version, the only real change is that the additional pinned threads are simply broken out in a dedicated area above where the main posts start so that if I occasionally pin a thread moving forward, it's not as crowded and it also makes those other threads easier to see.

But, otherwise, the amount of scrolling is exactly the same. It's actually even a little less because I condensed the other forum areas and there are fewer listed.

Ian

Administrator
ADMINISTRATOR
Just a quick recap, here's what's still outstanding that needs to be done and is what I have on my radar:

1) Reinstalling the Discussion Bar - Completed - 9/3

2) Reinstalling the Search function - Completed - 9/14

3) Adding Twitter Feed on Mobile

4) Adding View User Pinned Threads on Mobile

5) Pagination on Mobile

6) Installing Enhanced ignore features

7) Cleaning up remaining bugs, issues, etc. (you can continue suggesting them here :) )
  1. Top Header Block now hidden on thread view. - Completed 9/5
  2. Re-Coding and activating 2020 PatsFans.com Picks Contest - Completed 9/7

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
ADMINISTRATOR
Sorry for bing a pain in the ass about this...but...We still could use Disagree (Dislike is sometimes not the same, and in some cases is too harsh), Useful/Interesting, and Surprised emojis...I miss them...
We're going to play survivor with those. I can't add any additional ones because it will break the layout on mobile (they're bigger, so they'll wrap to a new line). So I was thinking we could remove a couple and replace them. I was thinking "I'm Excited" and "Winner" might potentially be the two we could swap for two new ones. So let me know any thoughts you and others might have, although I'll also be starting a separate thread for people to chime in on that. :cool:

neuronet

Homer Little
PatsFans.com Supporter
Very nice design Ian! I do miss immediately seeing how many of each vote there are (e.g., agree, hate, love, whatever). Now I just see the icons and can click to see the votes.

Ian

Administrator
ADMINISTRATOR
Very nice design Ian! I do miss immediately seeing how many of each vote there are (e.g., agree, hate, love, whatever). Now I just see the icons and can click to see the votes.
Yeah...I miss the little icon preview that was on the previous version...that was kind of cool. I might try and do something separately myself to replace it because I agree, it was nice to have.

Zuma

2035 Weekly NFL Picks Winner
PatsFans.com Supporter
Just a quick recap, here's what's still outstanding that needs to be done and is what I have on my radar:

1) Adding the missing Emoji's

2) Adding the missing Emoji's

3) Adding the missing Emoji's

4) Adding the missing Emoji's

5) Adding the missing Emoji's

6) Adding the missing Emoji's

7) Adding the missing Emoji's

Fixed it for you

captain stone

Hall of Fame Poster
We're going to play survivor with those. I can't add any additional ones because it will break the layout on mobile (they're bigger, so they'll wrap to a new line). So I was thinking we could remove a couple and replace them. I was thinking "I'm Excited" and "Winner" might potentially be the two we could swap for two new ones. So let me know any thoughts you and others might have, although I'll also be starting a separate thread for people to chime in on that. :cool:
Thanks...If you're taking suggestions, and because space is an issue, then I would replace Dislike, Excited & one of Winner/Genius with Disagree/Maybe Not, Useful/Interesting, and Surprised/What??...I'll be on the look-out for the other thread too...

Mike the Brit

Minuteman Target
PatsFans.com Supporter
First of all, I appreciate all that you do @Ian.

c.) I really really would love to be able to view more than 20 posts per page....I'd love 100 posts per page so I could load at once...and scroll for longer. I can live with 50....

Third...and last, but not least.... I can live with this update and appreciate all the hard work done thus far. So...no worries if you can't make these changes...but would absolutely love it...

Thanks, Ian!

Thanks, Ian. I too would greatly appreciate being able to view more than 20 posts per page. I know it was there on an earlier iteration of the Board and I miss it. But please don't think I'm ungrateful. I know how much work goes into this and it's truly appreciated. Thanks so much!

Zuma

2035 Weekly NFL Picks Winner
PatsFans.com Supporter
Thanks...If you're taking suggestions, and because space is an issue, then I would replace Dislike, Excited & one of Winner/Genius with Disagree/Maybe Not, Useful/Interesting, and Surprised/What??...I'll be on the look-out for the other thread too...

Genius and Excited are fringe Emoji's...Useful is not.

Brewskies

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Thank you Ian for this great forum and all the work you do to keep it the best sports forum. It is the GOAT. Thanks to your family for allowing you to do this for us. You are much appreciated.

• Thanks!

raduray

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Upper right - says "Jump to New"

The box at the top isn't removable as it's part of the forum, contains additional pinned threads and will alert you to new posts by turning red, or turn grey after you view them. But overall, that area is essentially the size of the previous news box on the previous forum. It also replaces the header image (which people had requested be removed) and condenses things down more. I may also do something cool with it on game days...still working on that :)
FWIW, after a few days I still don't like this. Every time I click to a new thread, or a new page on that thread, I have to scroll down past that box to actually see the posts.

Ian

Administrator
ADMINISTRATOR
FWIW, after a few days I still don't like this. Every time I click to a new thread, or a new page on that thread, I have to scroll down past that box to actually see the posts.
A few have mentioned this and I'm working on something to address it.

Ian

Administrator
ADMINISTRATOR
I just fixed it so that it doesn’t appear when you’re viewing a thread. So that should hopefully make things a bit easier ;)

Ian

Administrator
ADMINISTRATOR
That's unfortunate. Thanks for the response, though.
Following back up on this - as I mentioned above, it's now hidden on the thread view page, which should smooth things out a bit when people are reading threads.