NEW ARTICLE: Patriots Should Step Up and Take the Lead By Signing Colin Kaepernick

2020 Patriots Season:
Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: at Seahawks
Pick Results: NE: 50.5% at SEA: 49.5%
Sun
Sep 20th

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

PatsFans.com Article

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Patriots Should Step Up and Take the Lead By Signing Colin Kaepernick

Mark Morse

If the league and the Patriots in particular, want to do something substantive, they could sign Colin Kaepernick.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

Tony2046

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
This is an absurd suggestion. Sign CK if he can make the team better but not to only give him a platform. We already have fantastic well respected leaders on this team who could be given a platform and I'd say BB has already endorsed McCourty's.

archstanton543

In the Starting Line-Up
Why would you want to sign a 33 year old QB who was a backup 5 years ago? It makes no football sense...and you know how Belichick just loves distractions.

tasmlab

Starting QB, won 20 SBs, number is retired
PatsFans.com Supporter
There will be a large social kerfuffle in 2035 and journalists will come out suggesting that somebody should sign Kaepernick.

Brick27

In the Starting Line-Up
So you have a team who’s been known for their cutthroat decision making based on what’s best for the team on the field, has a dislike for putting self before team, and is averse to off-field distractions.

This same team should go ahead and make a move with no basis for what’s best for the team on the field, with an individual who embraces self before team, and basks in off-field distractions. It definitely makes sense!

Palm Beach Pats Fan

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Why would you want to sign a 33 year old QB who was a backup 5 years ago?
Would he be an upgrade to the 34-year-old career backup, who apparently has a fair shot to win the job, and who is 1-11 in his last 12 starts?

I am not saying that he definitely would be, just that it isn't a crazy question to ask-- Hoyer v. Kaep. I would probably pass on CK.

The unusual nature of this camp and the shortened preseason would seem to make it less likely to have enough time to learn a new system.

cupofjoe1962

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
There is not a chance in hell Belichick would sign Kaepernick.

The Patriots are a football team, not a social justice pioneer.

If we ever signed Kaepernick as a backup, the media would turn every press conference into a circus. The second Stidham had a bad game, the media would be asking over and over if we were going to give Kaepernick a chance.

I am actually glad we are up against the cap,
Otherwise I could see liberal Bob Kraft push Belichick to sign Kaepernick so that he can pander to the left.

Stidham is hopefully our future / Let Kaepernick be someone else’s politically correct project.

This would be far worse than the Michael Sam circus. Just not worth the headache.

TheRainMaker

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Would he be an upgrade to the 34-year-old career backup, who apparently has a fair shot to win the job, and who is 1-11 in his last 12 starts?
Hoyer should have no shot to win the job. In fact, you really have to implode in order for Hoyer to beat you out. If he does, it just shows how bad Stidum is.

ohiopatsfan

On the Game Day Roster
The Pats don't have the cap space to sign Kaep. If they did, I would advise against it. His last active season in the NFL Kaep was mediocre, at best. Now he has been out of the league for 4 years and NFL QBs don't age well on the shelf like wine. What I am afraid will happen is that Roger will force an NFL team to sign Kaep as an olive branch to BLM. He could tell RK, sign Kaep and Spygate II goes away. In the crazy times we live in, that scenario is not so far fetched.

Simpelton

In the Starting Line-Up
I wouldn't sign kaepernick to be the Gatorade guy. He proved through his own actions that there are things more important to him than winning football games. Not a guy I want in the locker room either.

n6249c

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Hell NO!

We don’t need a QB circus, especially over a guy who is not a schematic fit and has been inactive for years after showing possible signs of decline.

If BB went there I’d be astonished. Might revisits my evaluation of Kaep but would also start questioning Belichick. I’m quite confident I won’t need to be doing that.