NEW ARTICLE: Julian Edelman Responds To DeSean Jackson's Anti-Semitic Social Media Posts...

2020 Patriots Season:
Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: vs 49ers
Pick Results: SF: 35.1% at NE: 64.9%
Sun
Oct 25th

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

ViperGTS

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Jackson posts a vile anti-Semitic rant wrongly attributed to Hitler (cause that’s the guy you should look to when talking about justice), and only one player speaks out against it.

Drew Brees says he wants to stand for the National Anthem and is attached by the entire NFL, he has to backtrack at warp speed to keep his job.

Hmmmm, seems about right.

You know the answer to that.

ViperGTS

JE11 responded as he did due to his character. Not much of that in the NFL, unfortunately. There will be a price to pay. I feel bad for how some will treat JE11 over this. None of this has any place in the workplace.

True story: a couple days ago I'm checking out of Hannaford. This young girl is going on about how terrible a time it is to be a teen. Lockdowns, racism, etc. She said it would have been great to be a teenager in the 60s. I said, "Except for the whole Vietnam thing." She looked puzzled. I think her brain would have popped if I mentioned Watts.

Happy Kwanzaa.

And a race riots. And Jim Crow laws. KKK. Yep, good times.

ViperGTS

Shame should be available to the point of shunning for, for example, stumping for the belief that others should be murdered or enslaved based on their race, religion, ethnicity, etc., particularly if it's part of a whole system of thought (e.g., if it's something you not only believe, but you have this whole fantasy world doubling down on it, and therefore are affirmatively pushing a theory to rationalize your hate.)

Somehow we stopped making the poooooor racists and anti-Semites feel ashamed, boo hoo, it hurt their snowflake feelings. Now we've got some huge chunk of our country believing white nationalist bullcrap -- and worse yet, acting on it.

No, I am okay with shame attaching to racism and anti-Semitism.

Acting on it? Wtf you talking about? Is BLM
a white nationalist group? Antifa is mostly white but they ain’t nationalists.

I haven’t seen a “huge” chunk of white nationalists acting on anything. Quite literally it has been the complete opposite.

PatsFanInVa

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly NFL Picks Winner
Acting on it? Wtf you talking about? Is BLM
a white nationalist group? Antifa is mostly white but they ain’t nationalists.

I haven’t seen a “huge” chunk of white nationalists acting on anything. Quite literally it has been the complete opposite.

No. And I am not talking about BLM. I am talking about white nationalists. they are acting on it from selling our elections to russian allies, to marching in torchlight processions past synagogues chanting "Jews will not replace us," to vehicle-ramming someone in charlottesville who wasn't racist enough for their viewpoints, likely to murdering African Americans while in their "day job" police uniforms.

You've got some jackass fixation and false equivalency between Antifa - not even a group, but a statement - and BLM.

Once again, they're not the subject of the conversation. White nationalists are. And there's no equivalency between wanting to be treated as a human being and wanting to enslave all other races -- the stated goal of Nazi philosophy, and the same goal that neo-confederates celebrate when they complain and whine about statues of racist traitors being removed.

PatsFanInVa

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
By the way I need to jump on a call, so I've gone easy on the examples, but if you seriously think we dont have a problem with white nationalist extemists in this country, you're just watching too much Fox or OAN or whatever the right allows you to watch these days.

wizwor

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
By the way I need to jump on a call, so I've gone easy on the examples, but if you seriously think we dont have a problem with white nationalist extemists in this country, you're just watching too much Fox or OAN or whatever the right allows you to watch these days.
Things probably look different from Virginia than they do from New Hampshire. Slavery, the KKK, and all the other things people are getting excited about are not part of the culture or history of New Hampshire.

It's noteworthy that a half million young white men gave their lives to end slavery. I have never hear any kind of appreciation of that. I don't really understand how an actual free descendent of an actual slave could stand in Arlington Cemetery without feeling some kind of appreciation.

Then again, I do not understand how men making millions of dollars to play a game can talk about oppression.

PatriotsReign

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Shame should be available to the point of shunning for, for example, stumping for the belief that others should be murdered or enslaved based on their race, religion, ethnicity, etc., particularly if it's part of a whole system of thought (e.g., if it's something you not only believe, but you have this whole fantasy world doubling down on it, and therefore are affirmatively pushing a theory to rationalize your hate.)

Somehow we stopped making the poooooor racists and anti-Semites feel ashamed, boo hoo, it hurt their snowflake feelings. Now we've got some huge chunk of our country believing white nationalist bullcrap -- and worse yet, acting on it.

No, I am okay with shame attaching to racism and anti-Semitism.
But not for NFL players that choose to stand.

TBR

Pro Bowl Player
No. And I am not talking about BLM. I am talking about white nationalists. they are acting on it from selling our elections to russian allies, to marching in torchlight processions past synagogues chanting "Jews will not replace us," to vehicle-ramming someone in charlottesville who wasn't racist enough for their viewpoints, likely to murdering African Americans while in their "day job" police uniforms.

You've got some jackass fixation and false equivalency between Antifa - not even a group, but a statement - and BLM.

Once again, they're not the subject of the conversation. White nationalists are. And there's no equivalency between wanting to be treated as a human being and wanting to enslave all other races -- the stated goal of Nazi philosophy, and the same goal that neo-confederates celebrate when they complain and whine about statues of racist traitors being removed.
This is a total caricature and lie, but I guess you're allowed to say anything you want about Nazis no matter how inaccurate, because you can just cry in-response to getting called out with "wow ur defending nat-zees".

PatsFanInVa

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
This is a total caricature and lie, but I guess you're allowed to say anything you want about Nazis no matter how inaccurate, because you can just cry in-response to getting called out with "wow ur defending nat-zees".

Wow indeed.

Charlottesville car attack - Wikipedia

On August 12, 2017, James Alex Fields Jr. deliberately drove his car into a crowd of people who had been peacefully[12][13] protesting the Unite the Right rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, killing one and injuring 28. The 20-year-old Fields had driven from Ohio to attend the rally.[14] Fields previously espoused neo-Nazi and white supremacist beliefs.

Now you're defending Nazis, lying to do it, and in the process telling those who remember the truth liars, essentially for the crime of remembering the truth.

Jlaff

Early Bird Specials
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Can someone explain to me what the negative stereotype of Jews is that makes them so hated by some? Other than Muslims, who I at least understand what their position is (and completely disagree with it).

Seems they were hated long before hating white people was in vogue.

As a race/ideology (hard to call them a race I know) they have seemingly only been persecuted throughout history. You'd have to go back thousands of years to find this group starting any wars.

I know there is a stereotype that Jews have money, but still don't see how that gives rise to this incredible hate.

I know Ashkenazi Jews have the highest average IQs in the world, but since when does being smart attract hate?

I sincerely do not get it.

PatsFanInVa

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Ah, the bolded part. I see. You feel the Nazis are misunderstood.

Welp. I'll leave you to the vagaries of Nazi goals you believe are the true heart of their violent, racist, anti-Semitic spasm of bile, and to split hairs about what is meant by "Master Race." It's all you and the Bund, knock yourself out.

You can't "determine Jewish ancestry with any standard DNA test." You can determine whether, for example, someone inherits the Cohen modal haplotype, which might or might not mean they're descended from the priesthood, a subset of the levites, the Cohenim. It pops up in many Jews, it doesn't pop up in many Jews, and it's often cited as supporting evidence for claims of Jewish descent, for example among the African Lemba.

You can determine maternal and paternal haplogroups that have similar "fuzzy borders." And of course, when you do that looking for Jewish ancestry, you'll have to decide whether you're looking for Ashkenazi or Sephardic ancestry. And you'll still rule in non-Jews and rule out Jews in high proportions.

There's always been a conversion process in Judaism, and yes, there's a Jewish ethnicity, but it's a silly hobby to look for "Jewish genetics," in my opinion. It's a permeable border, like being American, or like being any other people, whatever the mythology. Palestinians are quite likely to be descended from Israelites, and while Jews generally are descended from Israelites, they are descended from lots of converts as well. As to the genetic homogeneity of the Jews of the bible, you need only look at the repopulation of Benjamin to determine just how critical the concept was, to wit, not. More well-known is the story of Ruth, of course.

You certainly can't determine that Marilyn Monroe became Jewish in connection to marrying Arthur Miller with a DNA test. That operates every generation.

PatriotsReign

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Thankfully this incident put to bed any belief that only white people say ignorant crap about other races.

Thanks for being ignorant DeSean.