NEW ARTICLE: Julian Edelman Responds To DeSean Jackson's Anti-Semitic Social Media Posts...

2020 Patriots Season:
Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: vs 49ers
Pick Results: SF: 35.7% at NE: 64.3%
Sun
Oct 25th

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

oceansizer

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Never too late for the education Mr DJax. If someone like Edelman is offering a meeting in place like Holocaust Memorial Museum do not hesitate and learn for how many people Hitler ( or being precise Himmler who was the exact architect of final solution ) gave the hell on earth.

PittPatriot

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
I mean if you start talking about the Bible you really shouldn't use words like "facts" or "indisputable truth" in the same sentence. Words have meaning and essentially none of the tales from that book are indisputable or facts.

Billions have died in history over religious disputes.
So “Indisputable” is not accurate.

luuked

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Billions have died in history over religious disputes.
So “Indisputable” is not accurate.

That's my point. It wasn't written as some slight against religion and faith.

Just based on the reality that there are many differing religions I dont get how anyone could claim theirs specifically to be indisputable and based on facts.

FCB02062

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Let me guess, ESPN spent hours upon hours on Jackson's comments, eh? They brought in the ADL, etc? They interviewed famous Jews in football/sports to comment/condemn Jackson??????

AQPE

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
This says so much about Lurie, a world-class fraud who grew up a rich prick in Chestnut Hill from Mom and Dad's tons of General Cinema money, f’ed around in Hollywood for a while with as much success as when Kramer went there, declared failure finally and used the family money to buy the Iggles. Got handed $300 million in state money plus the loan from the other owners to build their stadium, road Reid’s coattails to success, and lucked into the championship as we all know too well.

For the first time ever this dbag is in the national spotlight and predictably takes a powder. For a Jew, having some asswipe like Desean and Malik pumping up Calypso Louis and Hitler should be a layup, you can them in a heartbeat like they did with Al Campanis or Michael Richards and no one will blame you, but Lurie does what he always does when it’s on him: craps his pants and hides.

Jew-hatred is a disease that infects as quickly and virulently as the coronavirus. This will spread like crazy through the Iggles and the rest of the NFL unless they put the hammer down. I suspect it is too late but am hoping for a pleasant surprise.

Last edited:

Elijah

The Tom Brady Of Not Having A Gf
PatsFans.com Supporter
Let me guess, ESPN spent hours upon hours on Jackson's comments, eh? They brought in the ADL, etc? They interviewed famous Jews in football/sports to comment/condemn Jackson??????

Is there a point in here somewhere?

Elijah

The Tom Brady Of Not Having A Gf
PatsFans.com Supporter
This says so much about Lurie, a world-class fraud who grew up a rich prick in Chestnut Hill from Mom and Dad's tons of General Cinema money, f’ed around in Hollywood for a while with as much success as when Kramer went there, declared failure finally and used the family money to buy the Iggles. Got handed $300 million in state money plus the loan from the other owners to build their stadium, road Reid’s coattails to success, and lucked into the championship as we all know too well.

For the first time ever this dbag is in the national spotlight and predictably takes a powder. For a Jew, having some asswipe like Desean and Malik pumping up Calypso Louis and Hitler should be a layup, you can them in a heartbeat like they did with Al Campanis or Michael Richards and no one will blame you, but Lurie does what he always does when it’s on him: craps his pants and hides.

Jew-hatred is a disease that infects as quickly and virulently as the coronavirus. This will spread like crazy through the Iggles and the rest of the NFL unless they put the hammer down. I suspect it is too late but am hoping for a pleasant surprise.

Did you write a similarly passionate post when Riley Cooper was caught on video saying he would "kill every n****r here" and the Eagles gave him an extension?

Both players were wrong, both players have admitted they were wrong. Pretty similar scenario. The precedent was set with Cooper that the Eagles won't cut you for saying something hateful.

AQPE

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Did you write a similarly passionate post when Riley Cooper was caught on video saying he would "kill every n****r here" and the Eagles gave him an extension?

Both players were wrong, both players have admitted they were wrong. Pretty similar scenario. The precedent was set with Cooper that the Eagles won't cut you for saying something hateful.

Oh gee, ya got me there. There's a little difference, though, between some jackass like Riley Cooper and now multiple dbags endorsing Hitler and Calypso Louis, amirite?

203Pat

In the Starting Line-Up
People keep talking about Riley Cooper in defense of Desean Jackson. Why cant both of them be a**holes that should have been cut?

fnordcircle

The poster who James White said inspires him.
PatsFans.com Supporter
There's been some outcry about this but I absolutely agree that there should be more. The strains of anti-semitism in Illuminati conspiracy theory don't magically go away because the person spewing it is part of what many of us consider to be an oppressed race in our society.

Joker

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
The Illuminati!!!

WTF is next on these threads...Flat Earth Theory?...the moon is a hollowed out alien base? Wonder Warthog vs. The Pigs From Uranus?...:headscratch::whistle:

Reactions: Ian

Patsfanin Philly

Pro Bowl Player
Supposedly Goodwin, Malik Jackson & Jeffrey have defended him on social media.

I'm not Jewish but propping up Hitler & Farrakhan ... I mean I honestly don't know what to say. This is something I'd expect to hear about a high school or college kid. A grown man?

I'm all for inclusiveness and tolerance but there's some hate. Some stupid, you just can't work with. I'd love to think some conversations and experiences would change his mind but again when you go Farrakhan and Hitler, you might be too far gone?

Either way there is no middle ground. Like I'm Irish, we went through some **** but the blacks and Jews went through it. You don't poke those wounds so casually. Especially rn with everything going on.

Again very surprising coming out of Phila with JL & HR.
It's getting even easier to hate the Eagles....

PatsFanInVa

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly NFL Picks Winner
I've said it before and I'll say it again,

EDELMENSCH

The last I saw him referencing his feeling about his own religion/ethnicity was many years ago, in a kidding-around way, when he said he was Jew...ish. Meaning, I guess, that it wasn't his primary "thing," just a part of who he was. I winced a little bit, because it sort of looked like a go-along, get-along way of looking at it, where I think of it as like any other "thing" about you... if people make it a thing, be ready to respond. It was cool to see him do so, and to do so thoughtfully and without malice about it.

That said, I've been reading that Jules hasn't been shy about his Jewish background... we might not get those stories down here out of town unless there's a controversy involved.

lancerman

In the Starting Line-Up
People keep talking about Riley Cooper in defense of Desean Jackson. Why cant both of them be a**holes that should have been cut?
Because you look like **** if you extended the white guy for dropping the n bomb and then had a no tolerance policy for the anti Semitic guy

PatriotsReign

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
You must be pretty tone deaf, Ted, because there were several players who spoke out against what Jackson said.

BTW- after reading Jackson's pretty much abject apologies, as a Jew, I'm satisfied he learned his lesson, though I really he hopes he takes Jules up on his offer.

BTW-2 I found Edelman's post on this a VERY well thought out and measured response. I already had a great respect for Edelman the football player, but my respect for him as a man just grew exponentially
But Ted was on point regarding Drew Brees

PatriotsReign

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
I mean you can keep trying to gaslight people but Brees didn't get attacked by anyone because he wanted to stand for the National Anthem, but because he equated kneeling with disrespecting the flag and military, showing he still didn't understand that Kaep's protest was about systematic racism in the first place.

Despite being surrounded by a very diverse group of people in his locker room. His excuse to be ignorant of what all of it is about is as thin as yours.
In my opinion, NFL players shouldn’t try to shame players that choose to stand for the anthem.

If I was a player, I’d choose to stand. But that would only symbolize my own beliefs. No one could say my actions are against anything or anyone.

Also my opinion...the worst thing we can do as a society is try to shame others for what they believe in.

PatsFanInVa

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly NFL Picks Winner
In my opinion, NFL players shouldn’t try to shame players that choose to stand for the anthem.

If I was a player, I’d choose to stand. But that would only symbolize my own beliefs. No one could say my actions are against anything or anyone.

Also my opinion...the worst thing we can do as a society is try to shame others for what they believe in.

Shame should be available to the point of shunning for, for example, stumping for the belief that others should be murdered or enslaved based on their race, religion, ethnicity, etc., particularly if it's part of a whole system of thought (e.g., if it's something you not only believe, but you have this whole fantasy world doubling down on it, and therefore are affirmatively pushing a theory to rationalize your hate.)

Somehow we stopped making the poooooor racists and anti-Semites feel ashamed, boo hoo, it hurt their snowflake feelings. Now we've got some huge chunk of our country believing white nationalist bullcrap -- and worse yet, acting on it.

No, I am okay with shame attaching to racism and anti-Semitism.