NEW ARTICLE: Julian Edelman Responds To DeSean Jackson's Anti-Semitic Social Media Posts...

2020 Patriots Season:
Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: at Bills
Pick Results: NE: 35.5% at BUF: 64.5%
Sun
Nov 1st

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

PatsFans.com Article

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Julian Edelman Responds To DeSean Jackson's Anti-Semitic Social Media Posts With Invitation To Holocaust Museum

Robert Alvarez

Julian Edelman responds to DeSean Jackson's anti-Semitic social media posts with invitation to join him at Holocaust Museum in Washington DC.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

FreeTedWilliams

BB's tailor
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly NFL Picks Winner
Jackson posts a vile anti-Semitic rant wrongly attributed to Hitler (cause that’s the guy you should look to when talking about justice), and only one player speaks out against it.

Drew Brees says he wants to stand for the National Anthem and is attached by the entire NFL, he has to backtrack at warp speed to keep his job.

Hmmmm, seems about right.

sieglo

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Don’t worry, the media will gloss over this the same way they glossed over Antifa/BLM targeting and damaging Jewish neighborhoods and synagogues in the recent LA “mostly peaceful protests”.

reamer

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Perhaps I'm misunderstanding your position, so I will try to be charitable.

I come here to talk football, not history/theology/sociology, so I won't get involved beyond this, but I think you've unfortunately been exposed to deceptive sources. I minored in Biblical studies, took classes on the Pentateuch in college, and still read extensively on the Ancient Near East. I'm 100% certain that there's no scholarly literature or archaeological evidence that supports this view. How can you call Jackson's words the truth?

What Jackson said was deplorable. And now the deafening silence in the wake of his statements, particularly from supposedly socially-conscious players who have previously claimed that silence is tantamount to violence (or compliance), is extremely disturbing. Why do we allow this kind of double standard?

I hope your views (if I'm parsing your message correctly) are not prevalent. At best, they seem misguided. At worst, they're openly condoning and encouraging violence against Jewish people. That's simply unacceptable.

Joker

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
I've read this particular take on history before. Kamau Kambon is a progenitor of this school of thought. You are certainly welcome to your opinion.

robertweathers

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Need more people to respond like JE11.

Need to harsher with people like DJax

Last edited:

luuked

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Drew Brees says he wants to stand for the National Anthem and is attached by the entire NFL, he has to backtrack at warp speed to keep his job.

I mean you can keep trying to gaslight people but Brees didn't get attacked by anyone because he wanted to stand for the National Anthem, but because he equated kneeling with disrespecting the flag and military, showing he still didn't understand that Kaep's protest was about systematic racism in the first place.

Despite being surrounded by a very diverse group of people in his locker room. His excuse to be ignorant of what all of it is about is as thin as yours.

luuked

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
I mean if you start talking about the Bible you really shouldn't use words like "facts" or "indisputable truth" in the same sentence. Words have meaning and essentially none of the tales from that book are indisputable or facts.

Chevrolet

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Proud that Edelman is on this team. High character individual who responded to Jackson in the best way possible. Seeking to unite and increase cross cultural understanding.

Way to go Jules!!!

Last edited:

patfanken

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Jackson posts a vile anti-Semitic rant wrongly attributed to Hitler (cause that’s the guy you should look to when talking about justice), and only one player speaks out against it.

Drew Brees says he wants to stand for the National Anthem and is attached by the entire NFL, he has to backtrack at warp speed to keep his job.Hmmmm, seems about right.
You must be pretty tone deaf, Ted, because there were several players who spoke out against what Jackson said.

BTW- after reading Jackson's pretty much abject apologies, as a Jew, I'm satisfied he learned his lesson, though I really he hopes he takes Jules up on his offer.

BTW-2 I found Edelman's post on this a VERY well thought out and measured response. I already had a great respect for Edelman the football player, but my respect for him as a man just grew exponentially

Chevrolet

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
You must be pretty tone deaf, Ted, because there were several players who spoke out against what Jackson said.

BTW- after reading Jackson's pretty much abject apologies, as a Jew, I'm satisfied he learned his lesson, though I really he hopes he takes Jules up on his offer.

BTW-2 I found Edelman's post on this a VERY well thought out and measured response. I already had a great respect for Edelman the football player, but my respect for him as a man just grew exponentially

Actions mean more than words. If DJ does not take Edelman up on his offer to visit the holocaust museum, you can be pretty sure his apologies were bull ****. He is a fan of Farrakhan who is a vile anti- semite and doubt that his belief system will change overnight. You can bet Farrakhan is in his ear telling him to stand firm.

jimnance

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter

Jules= mensch

203Pat

In the Starting Line-Up
I mean you can keep trying to gaslight people but Brees didn't get attacked by anyone because he wanted to stand for the National Anthem, but because he equated kneeling with disrespecting the flag and military, showing he still didn't understand that Kaep's protest was about systematic racism in the first place.

Despite being surrounded by a very diverse group of people in his locker room. His excuse to be ignorant of what all of it is about is as thin as yours.
I thought Kap’s protest was about police brutality? Also if it doesn’t have anything to do with the flag why did he choose to protest while everyone is saluting (I don’t know if that is the right word but anyways) the flag?

BaconGrundleCandy

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Supposedly Goodwin, Malik Jackson & Jeffrey have defended him on social media.

I'm not Jewish but propping up Hitler & Farrakhan ... I mean I honestly don't know what to say. This is something I'd expect to hear about a high school or college kid. A grown man?

I'm all for inclusiveness and tolerance but there's some hate. Some stupid, you just can't work with. I'd love to think some conversations and experiences would change his mind but again when you go Farrakhan and Hitler, you might be too far gone?

Either way there is no middle ground. Like I'm Irish, we went through some **** but the blacks and Jews went through it. You don't poke those wounds so casually. Especially rn with everything going on.

Again very surprising coming out of Phila with JL & HR.

wizwor

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Need more people to respond like JE11.

Need to harsher with people like DJax
JE11 responded as he did due to his character. Not much of that in the NFL, unfortunately. There will be a price to pay. I feel bad for how some will treat JE11 over this. None of this has any place in the workplace.

I’m sure the Jews from 1936-45 would gladly let you take their place!

True story: a couple days ago I'm checking out of Hannaford. This young girl is going on about how terrible a time it is to be a teen. Lockdowns, racism, etc. She said it would have been great to be a teenager in the 60s. I said, "Except for the whole Vietnam thing." She looked puzzled. I think her brain would have popped if I mentioned Watts.

Happy Kwanzaa.