PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: Five Thoughts On The Patriots’ Win Over the Jets – Things Are Coming Apart For Wilson

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
This a terrific article: written with balanced sense of the various takes on how the team is doing, nuanced, and skillfully written. It reminds me of the sort of article you would read in the newspaper next day after a game back before the Era of the Digital Wasteland.

It's not coming apart for Zach Wilson because he never had it together. He's now started 20 games and over that period of time he's the worst quarterback in the NFL. He's worse than Kenny Pickett who most of the time looks completely overwhelmed as a rookie. If I'm being graciously fair then Wilson has had 1 quality start out of 20 (that's 5%). The Jets may win a few more low scoring games this season because their defense is legit but they're not winning any games of consequence with Wilson. Not this season, and not ever. It's back to square one for the Jets at the quarterback position for the long term, unless they want to take another look at Mike White (probably sucks too), but starting next week they should be turning the offense over to Joe Flacco.

With Marcus Jones continuing doing what he's doing, I see, and have long seen, absolutely no ****ing reason whatsoever keeping Myles of Space anywhere ****ing NEAR our building.

Worst 23/27 - 246 w/0 INT I've ever seen.

Nice to see both Rham Tough & The Omen active for the game, a rare sight this season... Running "attack" still stinks on ice however.

During the first quarter Wise badly over-shot his rush one time that allowed Punky to scramble for one of his early long runs... Other than that they eventually understood that the best defense was very simply letting McMILFson stay in the pocket and not allowing their RBs to dictate down & distance... Jete had no chance after that.

Punky should've never been drafted by an east coast team; he doesn't have the constitution for it.

It's not coming apart for Zach Wilson because he never had it together. He's now started 20 games and over that period of time he's the worst quarterback in the NFL. He's worse than Kenny Pickett who most of the time looks completely overwhelmed as a rookie. If I'm being graciously fair then Wilson has had 1 quality start out of 20 (that's 5%). The Jets may win a few more low scoring games this season because their defense is legit but they're not winning any games of consequence with Wilson. Not this season, and not ever. It's back to square one for the Jets at the quarterback position for the long term, unless they want to take another look at Mike White (probably sucks too), but starting next week they should be turning the offense over to Joe Flacco.

Congratulations by the way on accurately predicting yet another miserable McMILFson "performance."

This happens every time the Jets win a couple of games. The truth is they beat Cleveland, because Cleveland inexplicably went ultra soft and allowed them back in. Then they played the 3td string QB on the Dolphins. Their defense is legit, but they are far from the team Jet fans thought they were. This literally happens every 5-10 years when they win a game they should have lost. Maybe one year they will wait a little bit before they get ****y, and crown themselves masters of the NFL.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back