PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: Five Patriots/NFL Things to Know - 2/16

1) I'm also in the camp that believes Bill will make a move for a QB not long after the free agency period begins, for the same reasons...and No that doesn't mean announcing a Cant Newton re-signing...

2) A multiple-team ass-istant for Googly Gaze wouldn't exactly be my first choice, but we needed somebody there, so who knows? He & McD will eventually need to come to a consensus regarding their QB of the Future, both Immediate & Long-Term...Speaking of which...

3) I wonder what McD really thinks of Carson Wentz, and if he expressed those particular thoughts during his interview with The Jeff & Howie Show...
I'm sure that by now he & Bill have placed a price tag on Wentz above which they would not buy, but below which they might consider...

4) Not interested in using any pick on a TE this year; I'd rather use as many of them on (QB)/WR/OL/DT/DE/LB/CB as possible and just explore the post-draft UDFA market...Besides, finding a proven veteran TE before the draft should be no worse than Pre-Draft Job #3, depending on our own re-signings, after WR & (maybe) QB...

5) I'm also in the camp that believes that if Bill doesn't find a QB of the Long-Term Future before the draft, then he might have no other choice than to grab Mac Jones in the 1st round to sit behind the QB of the Immediate Future (Fitzy, Brissett) for a year or two while he hits the weight room...

Bb gets “Alabamaaggressive:

I think bb signs a veteran “stopgap” qb, a monster run blocking tight tackle, and a wide receiver or two in free agency. Based on that,

1.) assuming qb’s Lawrence, fields and Wilson are off the board by 15, as well as all 4 quality receivers, we trade number 15 to Washington for number 19 and number 83.

2.) at number 19, we take dt barmore of Alabama.

3.) we trade number 47, 83 and our first 4th round pick to baltimore for pick number 27. At pick number 27, we take qb, Mac Jones.

If bb nails the rest of the draft, we are back in the playoffs and building the next dynasty!

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies on these. Going to try and buckle down each day and put out one of these, so hopefully I can make them interesting and appreciate any feedback, criticism, etc. We'll see how it goes ;)

I think bb signs a veteran “stopgap” qb, a monster run blocking tight tackle, and a wide receiver or two in free agency. Based on that,

1.) assuming qb’s Lawrence, fields and Wilson are off the board by 15, as well as all 4 quality receivers, we trade number 15 to Washington for number 19 and number 175.

3.) we trade number 47, 83 and our first 4th round pick to baltimore for pick number 27. At pick number 27, we take qb, Mac Jones.

If bb nails the rest of the draft, we are back in the playoffs and building the next dynasty!
From where do we acquire #83?

1.) assuming qb’s Lawrence, fields and Wilson are off the board by 15, as well as all 4 quality receivers, we trade number 15 to Washington for number 19 and number 175.
You want to trade 15 for 19 and a Day 3 pick ? I think you mean their third round pick right ?

That would be ideal as it gets. I like Mac Jones a lot, probably more than most. But at 15 I like Barmore better. If that scenario was to play out and with some gutsy fa aquisitions like Dt Short from Carolina the run. defense could instantly be transformed with both Barmore and Short. Hightowers helps the putrid lb position. Hopefully Wino and Uche make huge strides with him and a real training camp.

From where do we acquire #83?

we pick it up in the trade from 15 to 19.

the difference between 15 and 19 is 175 points in the trade value chart, which is equal to pick 83, which Washington owns.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back