PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Never forget this beautiful tweet

This was not good by Josh. I don't enjoy things like this.
Really?.. After defamegate anything bad that happens to that org is fine with me. I will never forgive them or that *** wipe Harbaugh.

I always hoped McD did it out of spite. I know he probably didn't, but I like the idea.

I agree. Josh was the one in the wrong there. I am not exactly losing any sleep over the matter, but that my 2 cents.
Trust in what people say means a lot to me. I don't take it lightly. Without it, we are nothing. Good for Josh that this died down, but I think he may have lost the Giants job because of it.

Really?.. After defamegate anything bad that happens to that org is fine with me. I will never forgive them or that *** wipe Harbaugh.

I always hoped McD did it out of spite. I know he probably didn't, but I like the idea.
It has nothing to do with the Colts. It is the idea of letting someone think a certain way. I respect those who stay on the fence, but once you commit with words and you do that, it is my number one unforgivable move.

I remember going and reading a few Colt message boards at the time. Actually, most of the fans seemed ticked about the team hiring McDaniels in the first place. Most were happy the job fell to Reich, but still somehow ticked that McD would do that to the Colts. Seemed to see it all as proof that the Pats were douches…. I bet it was the excuse they always wanted to hate us more - we’re the team they love to hate!

That franchise attacked the Patriots with lies and nonsense, and it ended up costing us 4 games without our QB and our #1 pick (Budda Baker could be playing on this team right now.)

My only regret is that when McDaniels reneged, he didn't say, "I came to my senses, sorry but when I realized I was about to take over that embarrassment of a franchise, I suddenly became cold sober."

I'll always believe that Josh came home, opened the door and said "Honey I took the Colts job. We're moving to Indy." THEN he got a look at his family's faces as they digested his declaration. It was a combination of sadness, anger and dismay. AND he knew right then that he'd made a mistake. His family didn't want to move, especially to a city where the fan base have hated him for 15 years. If you think Josh had a bad experience in Denver, his family had it worse.

Now he has kids who are entrenched in their schools and lives here. He has a job that pays him like a HC. And finally he has the opportunity to get a HC job HERE. He just has to wait 3 or 4 more years until Bill passes the old odious fart from Miami. Even if its 4 more years, he'll STILL be under 50. The only negative is following the GOAT. That's ALWAYS a tough act.

Won a SB the following season and then the season after that Andrew Luck retired in the pre-season. He didn't screw up at all.

He led the Colts on to the point where they thought they had an employment agreement. They had a compensation agreement, assistants hiring started, etc. He owns part of that.

He led the Colts on to the point where they thought they had an employment agreement. They had a compensation agreement, assistants hiring started, etc. He owns part of that.
Maybe the Colts shouldn't have lied to him about Andrew Luck's health then?

If he suspected that he was being deceived about the rosy future of Andrew Luck, which seems likely, McDaniels absolutely made the right decision.

100% - people can be upset about how he went about it, but he got a payrise to stay here, he avoided being sold a dud in Luck's health, and won another super bowl and will have his pick of head coach jobs again soon after his work with Mac.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back