PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Need to correct the running game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill B.

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
I think our biggest priority in the off season is to improve the running game. We need to address this in the draft. In the past few years we get a veteran RB (A. Smith and Dillon) and in the first year with the Pats, they have 1000 yard seasons. Then they drop off dramatically. It seems that the pounding they took earlier in their careers catch up to them eventually. I don't think Dillon will ever get back to what he was. Maybe he will, but I would like to get a young, big bruising back in the draft. I don't know if White from USC will be available at 21, but I wouldn't mind moving up to get him. Or maybe we can get Drew from UCLA in the second round and unload Faulk. Faulk may make some big plays, but his fumbles just kill us. He doesn't fumble at the end of the half, then there is no interference or Hobb's fumble. We probably go into the half with the lead. We also need to look to improve our OL, but I think we can do that through free agency.

Enough about dropping Faulk. ENOUGH.

Without Faulk, our offense would have done nothing over the past 3 years.

Anyone who wants to drop Faulk is a fool.

We should send Faulk to the Tiki Barber School of Ball Retention over the offseason, though.

pats1 said:
Enough about dropping Faulk. ENOUGH.

Without Faulk, our offense would have done nothing over the past 3 years.
OK, but we still need to get another back. We had Faulk running the ball twice in the first half on third and short. What is Faulk doing in there on third and short. That's what Dillon's for.

Why do you want Maurice Drew? He's just another Kevin Faulk minus the fumble problems. I'd rather have either Joseph Addai (LSU) or DonTrell Moore (New Mexico), with our third round pick from the Ravens. Both of those backs fit our system perfectly. If we really want a RB in round 1, at pick 21 it would have to be Laurence Maroney (Minnesota), which wouldn't be a bad choice I like him a lot, only a Junior so he'll have to develop for a while, when Dillon is gone. It's Maroney's time.

Dontrelle Moore (New Mexico) is solid, but gets injured way too much in his career. I read somewhere that lendale white doesn't like the weight room much, but who knows if that is just the media.

I think BB/Pioli goes WR. I don't know if givens is going to want a break the bank kind of deal. Chad Jackson (wr) wouldn't be bad in the 2nd round.

my wish list

Michael Huff
Landry from LSU
Hank Baskett (UNM)

just my 2 cents

When Faulk holds onto the ball then he can be a big part of the offense.

4 fumbles in 99 touches this year. It's too much.

Warren94 said:
Dontrelle Moore (New Mexico) is solid, but gets injured way too much in his career. I read somewhere that lendale white doesn't like the weight room much, but who knows if that is just the media.

I think BB/Pioli goes WR. I don't know if givens is going to want a break the bank kind of deal. Chad Jackson (wr) wouldn't be bad in the 2nd round.

my wish list

Michael Huff
Landry from LSU
Hank Baskett (UNM)

just my 2 cents
Chad Jackson is one of my favorite WR's but I don't think he'd fall to round 2. I think Derek Hagan or Martin Nance could fall to us. Moore does get hurt but some times you have to roll the dice, and if you don't still I said Joseph Addai. Huff will be gone by pick 21, Landry won't even declare for the draft, today's the deadline and still hasen't and Baskett is the man I love him, round 2 we could get him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes