PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

My Third, and Final Mock

Status
Not open for further replies.

mavfan2390

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
traded 21, and second third, and second fourth to move up to 14 (had to get in front of denver), traded sixth rounder, seventh rounder, and fifth rounder to get a second fourth rounder

1. Chad Jackson- WR- Florida- Had to trade up for this guy after seeing
these:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=sktpjvtz9iQ&search=chad jackson
http://youtube.com/watch?v=SgnHM0SRqr0&search=chad jackson
you may think he will be another bust, but I guarantee he won't, he runs good routes, has great hands, and is fast, the only hit on him is his blocking, which can be worked on, this guy can be a pro-bowler, ONLY 20 Years old!!

2. Abdul Hodge- ILB- Iowa- 4 year player, still has upside, very athletic, hardest hitter in the ncaa, sheds blocks, run-stuffer, needs work in coverage, but with his athletic skills, shouldn't be a problem

3a. Maurice Drew- RB- UCLA- White fell, so Addai fell, so Drew fell, :D a steal no?

4a. Jason Spitz- OG- Louisville- Nasty demeanor, team leader, good backup

4b. Marcus Maxey- CB- Miami (FL)- bust/ all pro type of player, beat hester for starting corner job, so we'll see

6b (comp). Le Kevin Smith- DT- Nebraska- perfect backup for 3-4, HUGE

6c (comp). Connor Hughes- K- Virginia- well, it was between him and houston, i couldn't decided so i went einee, meinee, miney, mow, im serious, connor is more accurate, but houston has a stronger leg....:bricks: im assuming leg power is easier to work on

Expensive trade up.

I don't like HOdge though, too small. 2nd round pick? I think he's projected much lower.

I could see them taking Jackson in the first, but I think BB hates to trade up.

Sorry, but I hate this draft other than Drew and Maxey. I think that it doesn't place the value on players the way (imho) BB places it. I think that you paid way too much to move up past Denver at 15. Especially when Denver could very easily move back ahead of the Patriots without spending nearly as much.

Jackson is NOT worth 6 draft picks. How did I get 6 you ask? Well, the 3 picks you spent to move up in the 1st and then the other 3 picks you used to replace the 4th rounder you used to move up to get Jackson.

Appreciate your work but I don't like it. Anyone who uses a first round pick on a WR is not getting the value.

The opinion of several publications is that no WR this year would have been a first rounder in the past 3 years. Don't mean that there aren't good WR in this class, just none worth a first round choice and certainly not to trade up for in the first.

Don't like Drew either, but that's my opinion.

You gotta like OL guys that are nasty. Spitz can pass block fairly well and has run block for a couple of decent RBs at Louisville.

No offense but I am in the "don't like it" camp..... I love the middle rounds though. Trade up for a WR? nope.....:rocker:

I like the players you got in the first four rounds well enough, but this is definitely not the draft to be getting rid of picks in the 2nd-5th rounds. It's the draft to be collecting them. I'd like to have Jackson, but I'd rather keep the picks. If I were going to trade #21 for a wide receiver, I'd rather it be for one who's already in the NFL instead of a rookie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back