PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

My Mom passed away on March 28, 2015...

PatsDeb

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I miss her more than words can say. She was only 74 years old. She was diagnosed with uterine cancer less than a year ago. By the time she showed any symptoms it was already Stage 4. They arrested it for a while with chemo, but then it started growing again and was untreatable. She was so brave and uncomplaining. My dad (who is 8 years older than her) and my siblings & I are lost and sad. Her 11 grandchildren will have a big hole in their lives. She was one of those Moms who is a force to be reckoned with. She died on my sister-in-law's birthday, said sister-in-law having succumbed to breast cancer herself less than 3 years ago. We've had a rough go of it in the last five years during which I also lost both of my in-laws.

One bright spot for Mom in the last months of her life was the Patriots winning the Super Bowl. She was a huge fan (all the ladies in my family are) and that game, and the fact that I was there (all uber Moms live vicariously right?) brought her such joy. We talked about it for weeks afterwards. She was so happy for Tom Brady. When she became a little disoriented at the end, she used to ask me if there was a game on because she wanted to watch and she associates me with the Patriots. She used to call me after wins (so many calls!) and start with, "Oh the game!!"

So thanks Patriots and Tom Brady for giving my Mom some much-needed joy and distraction from a terrible illness, and thanks to you reading for letting me pour my heart out.

Prayers for you and the Family Deb.

Very sorry for your loss. I lost my dad and an aunt very young to cancer. It's an awful disease. Peace to you and your family.

Thanks for your kind words and sorry for your losses Everlong.

Deb, I'm so sorry for your loss. What a blessing it was however, that even when your mom was disoriented at the end, she would recognize you and brighten up immediately associating you with such a happy memory of your shared joy. That is eternal and something even death cannot take away.

Condolences Deb.

The only consolation is that your Mom is out of pain and that someday you will see her again. She is still following the Pats too, so you guys will have lots to talk about.

So sorry for your loss. I lost my mum when I was 25 (and she 64). I still miss her and think of her. Prayers for you and your family.

I miss her more than words can say. She was only 74 years old. She was diagnosed with uterine cancer less than a year ago. By the time she showed any symptoms it was already Stage 4. They arrested it for a while with chemo, but then it started growing again and was untreatable. She was so brave and uncomplaining. My dad (who is 8 years older than her) and my siblings & I are lost and sad. Her 11 grandchildren will have a big hole in their lives. She was one of those Moms who is a force to be reckoned with. She died on my sister-in-law's birthday, said sister-in-law having succumbed to breast cancer herself less than 3 years ago. We've had a rough go of it in the last five years during which I also lost both of my in-laws.

One bright spot for Mom in the last months of her life was the Patriots winning the Super Bowl. She was a huge fan (all the ladies in my family are) and that game, and the fact that I was there (all uber Moms live vicariously right?) brought her such joy. We talked about it for weeks afterwards. She was so happy for Tom Brady. When she became a little disoriented at the end, she used to ask me if there was a game on because she wanted to watch and she associates me with the Patriots. She used to call me after wins (so many calls!) and start with, "Oh the game!!"

So thanks Patriots and Tom Brady for giving my Mom some much-needed joy and distraction from a terrible illness, and thanks to you reading for letting me pour my heart out.

My grandmother and I had a special relationship and it revolved around the Red Sox. She died shortly after they had won their second world series in 2007. I will forever cherish those phone calls prior to the WS wins and after.

BTW, according to her Roger Clemens was a disgusting wife beater. :D

God Bless

So sorry for your loss :(, hopefully the boys win another one for her this year.

Hoping that you’re doing well, Deb, particularly during this time of year. God bless.

So sorry for your loss.

It's great that you were able to share a love of the Pats. That's a lot of great memories.

I am re-reading this post on 4-25-18 as I got a few likes on it & checked to see what post was liked. I still miss my mom every day but it does get easier (she's been gone a little over 3 years). I can think of her now most of the time with a smile rather than a tear. I still think of her all the time when the Pats are in a tough game. My dad is still going strong at 85 1/2 but it's hard without her for him. It's the price you pay for having great love in your life.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back