PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

My favorite mock so far

Status
Not open for further replies.

Water Boy

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
http://www.condraft.com/mock.php?r=1

I like this 3 round mock. Ngata drops to Cleveland, allowing Lawson to fall to the Pats at 21. On day one the Pats get:

21. Manny Lawson OLB
52. Richard Marshall CB
75. Demetrius Williams WR
86. Kai Parham ILB

Yeah, I dig that mock, too, although I'm not so jazzed about Demetrius Williams. Interesting that they chose Williams ahead of Hagans and Nance.

Nice 1 and 2 but don't like the 3rd rounders. Would prefer Drew and Klopenstein in the 3rd. Also wonder if we could do business with the Texans for those first two 3rd round picks?

bosfan said:
Nice 1 and 2 but don't like the 3rd rounders. Would prefer Drew and Klopenstein in the 3rd. Also wonder if we could do business with the Texans for those first two 3rd round picks?
Yes we can Bosfan, did some research for you and here is what I got:
We trade our #1 (800) for the Texans two 3rd's (265 & 260)
and switch positions in the second round Texans (580) - Pats (380)
Math is 800 for 725.
We get a nice selection at #33 and just mine the gold that falls through the cracks with four picks in the 3rd. On day two with two 4ths we just sweep things up...............

I love that mock also but Marshall will be looooong gone by #52 :(

Man, sign me up for that thing. I'm thinking a realistic draft is that draft but without Lawson and moving everyone else up.

Last edited:
Love the top 2 picks. I think Lawson could be there when we pick. But we will have to trade up a little to get Marshall. Like we did with Eugene Wilson. Maybe our 4 from detroit. Here's a link to GBN Top 200. They have Lawson at 23 and Marshall at 49. Here's the link just came out yesterday..interesting http://www.gbnreport.com/2006top100.html

We can upgrade ol and wr with our third round picks 77 AND 86. Some decent wr's still there; Nance, Stovall,Avent,Hagen,Watkins. We could luck out there. I'd pick Stovall, but he'll probably be gone. Avent? OL or rb next. Leon Washington from FSU still there at 86. If not rb, Strief and Whimper are still on the board. Our 4th will be about 123. I traded earlier 4th to move up for Richard Marshall. I like a couple of the Big 10 safeties after 125. Salley from Ohio St and Lowery from PSU. With a little tweaking here's mine.

1. Manny Lawson OLB NC ST (Willie's apprentice)
2. Richard Marshall CB Fresno St Starter by the end of year. Moved up to get him.
3. James Avent WR Michigan I see him as a 3 wr in the NFL.
3. Leon Washington RB FSU Played behind beat up OL this year. Wasn't
able to show what he can do.
4a traded
4b Zach Strief T Northwestern Big,tough, smart kid. Isn't that our profile?
5 Nate Salley S Ohio St Hedge against Rodney not coming back.Also like
ilb from Oregon St Ellison and TE Day from Oregon.

patsfaninpa said:
1. Manny Lawson OLB NC ST (Willie's apprentice)
2. Richard Marshall CB Fresno St Starter by the end of year. Moved up to get him.
This is officially my "sh!t in my pants" scenario. The draft can end after these two picks for me . . .

I Like the draft except for the 3rd rounders.

I think them grabbing Drew 1st and then either Klopfenstein, Avant, Nance, Orr, T. Watkins, or Brandon Marshall.

I love our 3rd round pick. Not!!! Arrested for marijuana possesion and has off the field isssues. That pushed his stock way down. Plus has questionable hand and ball skills. I'd be one angry Rams fan if we draft him.

Not 2 bad

I like the first two picks a lot but the 3rds don't make it. The wr has issues and the LB is too slow to be a first day pick.

I really like the Houston trade down idea. That point differential means that we would still be owed an additional mid rounder maybe in the next year. It would also leave us with enough ammo to trade back up into the 2nd round if someone we loved was falling into place.

Feep_FLA said:
I love that mock also but Marshall will be looooong gone by #52 :(

Think so? This draft seemed pretty plausible to me. Free Agency will help clear up where players are likely to fall in the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down